Deer Camp Storage Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Camp Storage Building

I wanted a place to clean deer out of the weather, as well as a place to store extra gear and what not. We had an existing slab and so we just built the building on the existing slab. The slab was 12'X24'. The building is 12'X10'. I wanted plenty room for my hanging rack so the one side of the building is 10' tall sloping down to 8'. We still have some work to do. I am going to run electricity as well as water to the building. We are going to move our washer/dryer unit out of the house and into the building to free up some space in the house. The hanging rack turned out great. I actually cleaned an axis my mom shot this weekend.
    Attached Files

Nice! Your cleaning rack build got a major upgrade!

Comment

Not certain, but I think it would hang a buffalo.

Comment

looks good

Comment

This is awesome! Great idea!

Comment

I am contemplating the same thing at a couple of our places. On yours, did you do something to mitigate wood rot? I would thing those 2”x4”’s would get rotten after a while when you start washing out blood and such. I was going to do channel drains in mine with some sort of system to get the deer into our cold storage with lifting again.

Comment

The base plates are pressure treated. I have a big bucket that catches most of the fluids. Buying a squeegee next. Try the to limit how much water we use to keep it dry.

Comment

very nice !

Comment

great add on !

Comment

Cool awesome job

Comment

Update

Getting closer to finishing this project. Have it all boxed in. Fully insulated including roof. The walls are lined with 1/2" reclaimed plywood and insulated. The front door is a standard 36" exterior. The back doors are double 24" home made doors. My Dad made a pretty neat locking system for them. I will try to get pics next time we are up. We plan on putting down linoleum and having squeegees to clean the floor after deer cleaning. I have a big bucket we put under the animals to minimize fluids on the floor. We have the entire building wired, and the wire is run under the main house, but we still have to connect to the breaker box in the house. Still some trim work and caulk. I am thrilled with how it turned out.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looking good...

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Working...
                          X