No announcement yet.

Extreme Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVUE weather in Austin said 2011 we had 90 days in a row over 100 and 105 total. That was a brutal summer. I rather have this than 20 degrees and the wind howling any day. LOL

Comment

I wonder how much the climate you are in and get acclimated to has to do with how hot we feel. In other words, when I travel to the mountains in Colorado or Lake Tahoe during the summer, all I hear about from the locals is how hot it is, and humid, and they can’t wait for fall etc etc. Being from Texas, I relish their summer weather because it is so much cooler than here. But I wonder how long it would take for me living in Tahoe for me to gripe about 85 degree weather in the summer. Vice Versa, I wonder how long it would take for someone from the mountains to think 85 degrees in Texas isn’t hot and if they could adjust to 100+ Degree heat...

Comment

I'm having flashbacks of 1980! To this day I still will never own another vehicle that is black with a black interior. Went out after work one day and all my 8 track tapes were melted.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
          I wonder how much the climate you are in and get acclimated to has to do with how hot we feel. In other words, when I travel to the mountains in Colorado or Lake Tahoe during the summer, all I hear about from the locals is how hot it is, and humid, and they can’t wait for fall etc etc. Being from Texas, I relish their summer weather because it is so much cooler than here. But I wonder how long it would take for me living in Tahoe for me to gripe about 85 degree weather in the summer. Vice Versa, I wonder how long it would take for someone from the mountains to think 85 degrees in Texas isn’t hot and if they could adjust to 100+ Degree heat...
          I do know that people who live at high altitude actually have more volume of blood in their body.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
            I'm having flashbacks of 1980! To this day I still will never own another vehicle that is black with a black interior. Went out after work one day and all my 8 track tapes were melted.
            Was just talking with a family member about that year. My dad worked outside most of the time since he owned a construction company. He never used the A/C in his vehicles. So there I was in 1980 sitting in between him and another family member baking in the heat at a drive thru window. The bank sign across the street read 108 F.

Comment

I'm laying 3 pallets of grass when I get home today. Then I'm drinking beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                Lord yes! We were doing foundations for New Caney and Porter schools. The rebar was so hot, we had to use bath towels on our shoulders to carry that crap. I believe it hit 115 that year.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                  As an ex diesel mechanic I also disagree.

The best time at work is when it was 20 degrees with a stiff north wind. Just layer up and it’s easy to stay warm. In the summer time though, once I get hot it takes a LONG time for me to stop sweating and to cool off again.

Well I’d say the best time to work is when it’s 60 degrees outside, not 20. Just a preference I guess. I hate multiple layers. Too bulky for me and my hands freeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	28527D2C-0F00-45FB-91E8-6B5078D40505.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	24546799

meanwhile in pecos

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                      ...and I have a cousin getting married Saturday at 6pm in Spring Branch...OUT-FREAKING-SIDE.

Kind of hoping I get a stomach bug and cant go...
                      That’s just silly. I’d be telling him he lost his marbles and see him at the indoor reception.

Comment

Welcome to Texas.

Comment

At least it's a dry heat

[emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                            99 or 109. It’s all the same when you work outside all day. It’s hot, but better than working outside when it’s 30 degrees with a 25 mph north wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Being a ups driver i disagree... i worked in -30° right out of school I’ll take that any day

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                              Being a ups driver i disagree... i worked in -30° right out of school I’ll take that any day
                              Lol! I ask my driver every time he pulls up if they've put a/c in those trucks yet. He just replies, no, but the heater works good.

Comment

110* @ work today [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X