Feeder Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder Motor

Are there brands of feeder motors that are better than others? Bought a new 12 volt feeder from Academy and it seems the motor is weak. Tried 3 different batteries with the same results. Only spins the corn in about a 10' circle. What brand of motor should I replace it with? Thanks

Might try putting some oil on the shaft. That usually works for us. The corn dust gets in the bearings and drags them down.

Comment

Here’s what I’ve discovered.

Your clock you use has an impact on corn [emoji535] distance.

I have a wild game nation feeder. Which uses the old Remington parts, that are actually the blower motor from a GM fan motor as it’s motor.

I had a bear [emoji199] tear off my feeder plate so I had to make a fix. Having several replacement units, I simply replaced the whole feeder motor box [emoji403] with another spare and took the damaged one down to repair.

When I hooked it up, the corn [emoji535] didn’t seem to be throwing far. Threw good, but didn’t blast out. Thinking it was my battery, I put the tester on it and showed me a full charge. Then I checked to see I had the clock/timer set @ 100% fan action which I did.

What I did see however is that on this unit, the original clock must have went bad and I had replaced it with an American Hunter clock. These clicks work fine, but might not recognize the command to disburse @ 100%.

I left it alone because the area I use is tight and it throws in a smaller circle ⭕️.

But for areas where I want a big corn broadcast, I’m making sure the clocks match the unit.

Trust me on this one ! I have 11 feeders, 55 gallon drums all with 12 volt motors.

Bear [emoji199] damage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol that ladder in the bed of the pickup reminds me of something OSHA would show in safety videos...... whatever works though

Comment

Looks like could be life changing

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
            Here’s what I’ve discovered.

Your clock you use has an impact on corn [emoji535] distance.

I have a wild game nation feeder. Which uses the old Remington parts, that are actually the blower motor from a GM fan motor as it’s motor.

I had a bear [emoji199] tear off my feeder plate so I had to make a fix. Having several replacement units, I simply replaced the whole feeder motor box [emoji403] with another spare and took the damaged one down to repair.

When I hooked it up, the corn [emoji535] didn’t seem to be throwing far. Threw good, but didn’t blast out. Thinking it was my battery, I put the tester on it and showed me a full charge. Then I checked to see I had the clock/timer set @ 100% fan action which I did.

What I did see however is that on this unit, the original clock must have went bad and I had replaced it with an American Hunter clock. These clicks work fine, but might not recognize the command to disburse @ 100%.

I left it alone because the area I use is tight and it throws in a smaller circle ⭕️.

But for areas where I want a big corn broadcast, I’m making sure the clocks match the unit.

Trust me on this one ! I have 11 feeders, 55 gallon drums all with 12 volt motors.

Bear [emoji199] damage

You need a taller tree

Comment

I'm buying these from now on. They seem to work great. No longevity test yet but we'll see. Have to be better than the chinamade junk.

Last edited by adam_p; 08-07-2018, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Mine has three different RPM settings. Allseason Feeder

Comment

Comment

The timer that is.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                      Lol that ladder in the bed of the pickup reminds me of something OSHA would show in safety videos...... whatever works though

Lol [emoji23]

But it works !!! Lol [emoji23]

No osha out in the woods and I was doing this alone without even someone to hold the ladder. OSHA woulda died a heart attack. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        You need a taller tree

No ,,,, my [emoji199] are getting taller and I think are learning to jump.

Bottom of my feeder motor get set to 8.5 feet from the ground, up from 8 feet.

Comment

West Texas Feeder Supply. Used their units for years with no problems!

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                            The timer that is.

Yes timers have 3 speeds.

However I’ve come to learn when you mix a different company timer with a different company motor, you do not get max RPM.

Comment

Working...
                            X