AR-15 $2G budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR-15 $2G budget

With the chance if Killary winning I'm investing in my first AR. My question to the folks that are familiar with them is Daniel Defense going to be the best bet for that budget? I came to the GS because I trust you all over the Rifle Gear workers. Don't ask! Lol.

I'm right there with you. I've been looking at Spikes but I also don't know which is best.

Comment

Imo. Build your own.

Comment

LaRue Tactical and Noveske are out if my range from what I saw. I'm just wondering if Daniel Defense is the best option at this point. I looked into building my own, but when I looked up parts and put it all together plus the cost of paying someone to build it correctly it wasn't going to save me but about $150 and who knows how long I would have to wait for parts.

Comment

Go to palmettostatearmory.com and order two ar's with awesome scopes and add Timney or CMC triggers and add a thousand rounds of ammo instead of spending 2k on one gun.

I honestly don't know why people are still spending more than 800 bucks on an AR complete with optics anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gun show so if the day after the election you accidentally drop in off your boat in the middle of the ocean no one will come looking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
              Go to palmettostatearmory.com and order two ar's with awesome scopes and add Timney or CMC triggers and add a thousand rounds of ammo instead of spending 2k on one gun.

I honestly don't know why people are still spending more than 800 bucks on an AR complete with optics anymore.

I like nice guns but would follow this advice.

Comment

In a month carbon-15s will be posted for sale at the cool price of 2k.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  I like nice guns but would follow this advice.

Me too, lol

AR's are tools, bolt guns are for show [emoji6]

Comment

Me too, lol

AR's are tools, bolt guns are for show [emoji6]

I understand what you are saying, but just the feel of the $800 rifle felt like a plastic piece of chinga if you know what I'm saying. I pick up the $1500 DD and it felt like a freaking rifle man. I don't know, I always believe you get what you pay for

If I ever have to use it for more than pig hunting I want to know I can rely on it being durable.
                    Last edited by coffmanbr1; 10-25-2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Ditto

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Listen to this guy. ^^^^^

If you shop around a little you can probably buy 10-12 magazines also since those would be on any sort of gun ban list....

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
                          I understand what you are saying, but just the feel of the $800 rifle felt like a plastic piece of chinga if you know what I'm saying. I pick up the $1500 DD and it felt like a freaking rifle man. I don't know, I always believe you get what you pay for

If I ever have to use it for more than pig hunting I want to know I can rely on it being durable.

I've literally held hundreds of AR's and fired everyone that's been put to market, the only one I've ever felt was junk was the first gen m&p. Honestly I still believe smith and Wesson is junk.

Palmetto guns are made from the same manufacturers as everyone else. You are used to holding 800 retail store rifles, big difference between palmetto and someone selling an 800 dollar retail rifle.

That DD is way over priced at 1500, sorry guys, but stop buying ar's from retail stores. Start buying online.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                            Listen to this guy. ^^^^^

If you shop around a little you can probably buy 10-12 magazines also since those would be on any sort of gun ban list....

I bought 1000 rounds and 10 pmags for 349 on palmetto the other day. That's basically 150 bucks in mags free.

Comment

Guess I'll be checking out palmetto state armory when I get home. Advice is what I came for, I guess should listen to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X