lab prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lab prices

are yall payin $800-$1000 for registered labs?? i bought my last one 8 years ago (inflation i know) for $400.. anyways was just wondering what yall are payin.. would be a chocolate if that makes any difference..

Originally posted by randal View Post
    are yall payin $800-$1000 for registered labs?? i bought my last one 8 years ago (inflation i know) for $400.. anyways was just wondering what yall are payin.. would be a chocolate if that makes any difference..

Depends on bloodlines. I have a buddy that raises them. Get a few championships under your belt, and 1000$ is cheap.

Comment

I wouldn't pay that for a chocolate.

Comment

I paid $1k for my female. But her dad has 60+ master passes and 6 master national passes and lots of champions, including lean mac, on both sides.

Comment

Like others have said, all depends on the bloodlines

Comment

lab pirces

Paid 1000 for mine. Drove to Miami Oklahoma and picker her up from the retriever academy and Derek Randal. Both parents are akc master hunters and ukc grand master hunter retriever champions. Her daddy had 3 perfect passes three years in a row at master nationals as a 3 year old. Momma and daddy are guide dogs that pick up 30+ birds a day all season.

She’s worth every penny! Huge difference when it’s deeply bred and imbedded into their brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by DapperDan; 02-10-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I have a black English female. She was 1400. Great hunter and picture perfect square head.

Comment

good bloodline at least $800-$1000, if you need a trainer after you get a pup, look up jeff brown at dawg on it retrievers in taft,tx a great guy and great facilities,

Comment

Originally posted by Fooshman View Post

I wouldn’t be scared to pay that much if you get a chocolate out of a good pedigree. I have a pup from Maestro and he is the read deal when it comes to chocolates.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooshman View Post

X2

Comment

One Lab
                      Black Lab

Comment

I wouldn’t worry about the initial cost because that will be just a drop in the bucket compared to the overall cost if you have the dog for 10 years.

Comment

I wouldn’t pay that much money for a dog. 95% of dogs are capable of being a champion. It’s the owner that makes or breaks them.

I’m more concerned about it being full blooded, the standard size and temperament. Remember to check out the parents for the things you are looking for in a puppy. Rabbits don’t make squirrels and typically your going to get that size of the dog and temperament along w physical features from the parents. How many ribbons it wins.... we’ll that’s up to the owner in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                            I wouldn’t worry about the initial cost because that will be just a drop in the bucket compared to the overall cost if you have the dog for 10 years.
                            ..... a lot of truth here lol

Comment

I am fixing to be in the market. I don’t know what my limit will be. Probably going English for size. I have owned 13 labs and the best one was a gift out of parents that were both pets and had never worked a day in there life. Worst one was out of working parents and he just didn’t have it. Only lab I have ever seen that had no retrieving instinct. He was the best pet and my wife’s favorite. I look at parents for size and the obvious health issues. I think it is more about the amount of time you or a trainer spend with them. IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X