How do you fill your protein feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you fill your protein feeder?

I recently purchased a 2000lb all seasons protein feeder and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to fill this thing!

How many of you climb up and down a ladder 40 times?

Anyone use an auger like the badazz auger or blower unit like the feeder filler?

A lot of times the feed stores have auger trailers they will loan you. Saves a bunch of time and labor.

Comment

We have a panel on all of our feeder pens thats easily removed. Back the truck up to the feeder and fill while standing in the bed of the truck.

Comment

We have 8, 2000 lb feeders...bulk is the way to go.....

Comment

I have two air blower trailers. They work great.

Comment

I fill mine with an adult beverage in hand
            Attached Files

Comment

If we go bag we just back up to the feeder and fill out of the back of the pickup.

Comment

My 13 year old son unloads, opens and lift the bags to me. But mine is only 400#s

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I normally just back the truck up as well, but not sure how high this new feeder is guna be. I have a feeling that won't be an option.

Wonder if muy grande in Greer has a feed trailer to loan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

back truck up and fill. Helps if son or friend is opening bags.

Comment

We have an all season 2000# too and I stand on roof of ranger

Comment

I am sitting 400 miles from my feeders so I pick up the phone and call the feed store. They deliver right to my feeder with their bulk trailer that holds about 6,000 pounds for a $60 fee. To maximize their time and my money I increased my total feed capacity to over 6,000 pounds. The discount on bulk feed is more than enough to cover the delivery fee. And I do not have to be there or climb a ladder 100+ times each month.

Works well for me and my critters.

T

Comment

I just back up to the feeder and fill it. There are probably more efficient ways of doing it, but this is the cheapest.

Comment

Back your truck up to your ladder and it's a lot less climbing.

Comment

We tried the Badazz auger. It was slow and it powdered the protein up to much. Went back to bagging it until we got the feed store to start filling them. With the lease being 5 hours away, this is the best route for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X