Hog Saddle or Pig Saddle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Saddle or Pig Saddle?

Anyone use these? http://www.hogsaddle.com/ I'm going to get one of them but I can't decide whether to blow the extra money for the Hog Saddle ($309) or get their less expensive Pig Saddle ($135). Hoping some folks might be using them and be able to offer some insight that'll help me make a decision.

The maker says the only real difference can be seen past 600yds. I don't do a lot of shooting out past 500 but I'm starting to do more and more. This system should eliminate the need for a shooting bench which will make my life easier - we use long roads and senderos for stretching our legs and don't have a bench setup where we can shoot past 300. So I'm kinda leaning towards the Hog Saddle. Sure would like to hear someone say something like, "I've been shooting 1000yds with the Pig Saddle and it works just fine." Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the hog saddle

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been looking at both for a year or so now, and still haven't pulled the trigger. When I do I imagine it will be the pig saddle. I shoot out to 300-500 just off sticks, so I am sure the pig saddle will be fine. I already have a good Manfrotto tripod that is solid as a rock.

Something that has helped me a lot shooting from a sitting position is a over the shoulder bag from 511 that I picked up. I carry some odds and ends in it like field dressing gloves, flashlight, a small rear bag,, ect. What is great about it though, is when you sit down you can swing it over underneath your strong side elbow to brace it up, and it makes your shooting position much more solid. Basically it braces up between your elbow and thigh making the rear of the rifle nearly as solid as the front.

This is what I am talking about, in the tan color.

Last edited by Jethro; 12-14-2016, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I believe the hog saddle was the best accessory that I bought in the past year. I use it almost every time I go to the range. I use it when my sons are shooting the 22 and their BB guns.

Comment

I have the PIG saddle and love it. Very stable and kids love it.

Check out Kopfjager Industries http://www.kopfjagerindustries.com/ the have a good one as well, Texas based.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
            I've been looking at both for a year or so now, and still haven't pulled the trigger. When I do I imagine it will be the pig saddle. I shoot out to 300-500 just off sticks, so I am sure the pig saddle will be fine. I already have a good Manfrotto tripod that is solid as a rock.

Something that has helped me a lot shooting from a sitting position is a over the shoulder bag from 511 that I picked up. I carry some odds and ends in it like field dressing gloves, flashlight, a small rear bag,, ect. What is great about it though, is when you sit down you can swing it over underneath your strong side elbow to brace it up, and it makes your shooting position much more solid. Basically it braces up between your elbow and thigh making the rear of the rifle nearly as solid as the front.

This is what I am talking about, in the tan color.

http://www.511tactical.com/push-pack.html

That's a good trick! Thanks!

Check out the sling methods/demo in this video - it starts at 3:28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been hunting with Pig Saddle for 4 months absolutely love it.
              Whatever you do make sure you have a solid Tripod. I luckily landed a Manfrotto Tripod for 20.00 on Craigslist.

Comment

My heavy 6.5 CM

Comment

I use the hog saddle almost every time I go shooting

Comment

Comment

Comment

Like I said, it is the best money I have spent on a shooting accessory in years

Comment

Primary arms has them.
                          Swfa has them.

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to get one. Now I'm obsessing about tripods - mainly ones I want that I can't afford. Lol!

I'm wanting a tripod that will go low enough to replace a bipod and light enough that I can lift the whole thing while it's attached to a rifle, while I'm predator hunting. Like this one: http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/TVC-...3-sections-leg

I may just cut the center post off on my Manfrotto tripod cuz I'm too poor to spend $900 on a tripod. LOL
                            Last edited by Horitexan; 12-15-2016, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                              Like I said, it is the best money I have spent on a shooting accessory in years

Did you see that link I posted about the use of a sling along with the Hog Saddle system? Pretty amazing techniques for making the most out of the system. Especially and ELR.

Comment

Working...
                              X