New Personal Best, Blanco County P&Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Personal Best, Blanco County P&Y

We didn't have a ton of history with this particular buck, but he's trickled in and out over the last several years. Last year he was a decent 10 point but nothing particularly special. We got our first pics of him this year in July and he looked to have about the same frame so we didn't pay much attention. However, when we checked cameras in august he surprised us all. He had started to split his G3 and looked to have a mainframe 10 or frame and wasn't quite done. After those pics he disappeared like he usually does this time of year and we put him to the back of our mind when deciding which deer we were going to be chasing. Fast forward to Sunday morning and I catch movement along a ridge, threw up the glass and knew it was a new buck. He had long tines that were wet from the morning dew and had a wine color to them. After several minutes he moved into the feeder and out of the brush and I finally recognized him and realized just how well he finished. My stand is 50 yards from my feeder with hand corn placed 20-30 yards in front of me. This set up has worked countless times but I was doubting its effectiveness as I had 6 young bucks in my hand corn and he had free run of the feeder. After 30 minutes he moved into my hand corn and started posturing on some of the young bucks, finally in range. At 22 yards he presented a perfectly relaxed broadside shot and I drilled him. He crashed 50 yards later and a new personal best and lease best was on the ground. When I first taped him I had to call a buddy to score him and confirm, I thought I had messed up somehow. He is a typical 12 point and scored 157" with just a 14 1/8 inside spread. A true hill country dream deer for me. We have been feeding and managing for just over 6 years now and feel very fortunate to start seeing the results we are. Oh and by the way, the new grim reaper carni 4's are nasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice buck, congrats!!

Comment

Great deer congrats

Comment

Congrats to you sir! Great buck and shot, i love them chocolate horns.

Comment

Great buck, congrats!

Comment

Great looking buck, congrats

Comment

Congrats awesome buck

Comment

Wow, awesome buck, congrats !!

Comment

Gorgeous buck. Congratulations.

Comment

nice deer man got me jealous