Locked or unlocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locked or unlocked

How many of y'all leave your car or truck door unlocked? I know it sounds dumb but after having my window busted twice when I had nothing in my truck I have just decided to leave it unlocked and save the cost of new windows. Curious if I was only one

Soft top jeep unlocked.
    Truck locked.

Comment

Nope, I guarantee you're not alone. I left mine unlocked all the time in High school. Nothing in there worth stealing. My truck now is locked though cause I have to have a few things in it for work and not worth my time to bring it inside every day.

I have multiple buddies that do the same.

Comment

Locked.Several years ago the wife had her purse taken right in our driveway.The officer taking the report said the crooks will just go through a neighborhood and try all the doors to find unlocked ones,due to so many vehicles having alarms now.

DJ

Comment

If you keep nothing of value in your vehicle then unlocked may be better.

Just don't leave a gun in there. The only time a gun is left in my truck is when I'm at work and it's in a lock box and I park close to the guard shack.

Comment

Left mine unlocked for a long time since anything of value is in the tool box. Then the neighborhood kids got in there twice and took my change. Locked now.

Comment

I lock mine.

Comment

Locked now due to work stuff. My old truck was broken into twice once for radio the other to root around in it. Both are when I lived in decent apartments on college. After that I emptied it every night and left it unlocked never had an issue after that.

The previous break ins they punched out the locks. Cost more to fix then what they took

Comment

Nothing ever left in mine most of the time so almost always unlocked. Someone has gotten it a few times and rummaged around but nothing taken and nothing broken.

Comment

Unlocked, and for same reason. Homeowners insurance actually covers contents if its not business related. There will be limits to cash and jewelry, but cell phones and things of that nature could possibly have coverage.

Comment

Unlocked most of the time only lock if I leave something in it. But my truck is a Dodge ST work model all vinyl, roll up windows, manual door locks, plain ole stock radio. If I had a fancier model I would probably lock it.

Comment

I have a pistol in my car just about all the time now, but it is so well hidden that unless you know where it is at, you will never find it. So, I keep it locked at all times just in case.

Comment

always locked!

Comment

If it's unlocked with nothing in it you're still making it easier to steal the vehicle

Comment

Unlocked
                              My vehicles are nothing anyone would expect to have anything worth the trouble in them

Comment

Working...
                              X