In Ear electronic hearing protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have hands on experience with anything a little more affordable than $300+ for something in ear.

Looking for something to wear when dove and duck hunting as I do that more than anything else and I would hate to have to wear hearing aids when I get older.

I already have a pair of Howard Leight Impact electronic muffs that I wear when shooting at the range but I cant stand them when hunting as I sweat way too easily when wearing them.

Thanks!

I have Walker's Game Ear's. The ones that you wear the wireless unit around your neck and stick in ear plugs.

I like them. With the amplification you can hear everything my only gripe is you lose some of your ability to pinpoint where the sound is coming from. Even at game I don't shoot unless I have hearing protection in.

Comment

I am interested in this feedback as well.

As effective as muffs are, I cannot get a good cheek weld on my rifle or shotgun when wearing them.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Check out ESP. They are a bit above your budget, but they do have analog devices that might work for you. I've been using them for years... I have the custom molds that fit inside my ear just like custom ear plugs shooters use, only these have hearing devices in them. They cut off any sharp sound... even like a crack of a stick when you're walking, a slamming door, any sharp sound. Before I began wearing hearing aids, I used mine when bow hunting. I turned the gain up so I could hear about anything... They will also save your hearing... wish I'd have done that 40 years ago...

Comment

Walker’s Silencers. $180

Comment

I have a pair of Soundgear Industrial in the ear plugs.

SoundGear Instant Fit electronic hearing protection and enhancement devices are small, light and ready to wear right out of the box.

I think they're ok when sitting but rather annoying to wear while walking- it makes your footsteps seem to pound in your head similar to wearing any ear plugs.

I also do not trust them for bench shooting and I probably wouldn't rely on them for skeet or clays.

I think they would be good for sitting in a duck blind or stationary dove hunting.

Unfortunately I bought them after I damaged my hearing on a deer/elk hunt. I've had ringing in my ears ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I spent about 1k on mine. You can hear everything around you, not uncomfortable, not easy to lose, hard to forget and best of all you can share between friends and family.

Get a suppressor. The best hearing protection money can buy

Comment

Silynx

Comment

Do not scrimp on hearing protection, hearing aids will cost upwards of $6000!

Ask me how I know!

Comment

I use these Surfires

I know they aren't electronic but...

Comment

Working...
                      X