Have you ever ate something that...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever ate something that...

...brought back memories of times gone by?

Back when I was a teen oftentimes I was found at my best friends grandparents house. They were like my own grandparents..... Paw Buck could cook a mean breakfast.....but it was Meemaw Mary's chicken-n-dumplins that I looked forward to the most. She made the best there was....even better than my moms . As time went on and we got older, the visits grew fewer and fewer (of which I am ashamed...but at the time I thought I had better things to do) and soon it had been years since I seen their faces. Paw Buck has since passed on and I often think of his fried eggs when I am having some for breakfast. Meemaw Mary is still living but Alzheimer's has taken its toll and she doesn't remember much. It has been a long long time since I had some of her chicken-n-dumplins....even though I have eaten my fair share of em since that last bowl at her house, I haven't found any that come remotely close to Meemaws......that is until this past Saturday. My sister-n-law cooked chicken-n-dumplins and invited us over. My first bite took me back to those winter evenings as David (my friend) and I sat at Paw Bucks table and ate our weight in Meemaws dumplins. I can't say my SIL's were as good but they were close enough to bring back some very fond memories of days gone by.

How I miss those days...

Milk gravy my mom used to make with crisp fried chicken and fresh green beans with bacon grease

Comment

My Dad fixed rib eye steaks on an electric grill in the house. I was 8 to 14 years old. Grilled outside, I have learned over the years, is lots better. He couldn't boil water but we ate them and thought they were great. Bought me an electric grill a few years ago just for the memories. He died in 1987 when I was 32, now I'm 59 and miss him every day.

Comment

My dad served in Vietnam. According to him, they ate lots of SOS (biscuits and gravy). My sister and I loved it and he would always eat something else. Well my kids love it also and we eat the heck out of it. Every time we do, I think of Dad. He died when I was 12.

Brian

Comment

One time I had glue on my hands and it got on my beer can and then in my mouth and it reminded me of kindergarten.

Comment

peanuts in your coke bottle...Nana's hush puppies.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              peanuts in your coke bottle...Nana's hush puppies.
              A guy that took me under his wing when I was 12 showed me the peanuts and coke only way I really like coke anymore I'm 23 now he's prob 50 something now still go visit him with a coke and some peanuts or some ibc rootbeer or ibc creamsoda

Comment

Originally posted by Jhill313 View Post
                One time I had glue on my hands and it got on my beer can and then in my mouth and it reminded me of kindergarten.

Maybe all that glue you ate as a kid has something to do with all the bigfoot sightings

Comment

Grandma's fried rabbit, biscuits, and gravy.
                  MIL's wilted spinach.

Comment

Grandpas liver sausage with fried eggs and toast. Been at least twenty five years now. I'm trying to get the recipe forthe sausage from one of my cousins that learned how to make it.
                    I thought about that two weekends ago while making some sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                      Maybe all that glue you ate as a kid has something to do with all the bigfoot sightings
                      whoa!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jhill313 View Post
                        LMAO OMG that was hilarious

Comment

Fried Bologna
                          Peanuts in Coke

Comment

RC and Penuts or Dr pepper and Penuts

Comment

The old tin can that lonestar came in. Maybe Pearl in a tin can. Just a different taste. Won't say how old I was when doing the tasting.

Comment

Working...
                              X