A Couple of Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Couple of Projects

I enjoy looking at some of the projects that have been posted on here and it's made me get off of my lazy rear end and get a couple of projects done and looking forward to at least 2 more. Here are a few pics of the 2 that I've completed. The first was building a crib for my grandson and the other was modifying a jet ski trailer for a pontoon paddle boat that I have. Enjoy
    Attached Files

Nice work on the crib

Comment

Thank you sir.

Comment

Go slow on your first pull of that boat. Looks like most of your weight is behind the axle.

Crib is awesome!

Comment

Sweet work! Where did you get the little pontoon boat? Would make a good little fishing rig!

Comment

cwill,
            I picked it up in Michigan. I was up there visiting family and drove by the place that builds them. We've taken it out a couple of times. They are very stable.

Comment

Here is the first crib that I built 5 years ago. I forgot to take pictures of it. My daughter took this picture of it after I set it up for my granddaughter.
              Attached Files

Comment

You definitely need to move that boat further forward on the trailer. Like it is, the trailer will wag back and forth on you.

Nice crib.

Comment

How did you cut the joints on the crib ? Looks very nice.

Comment

The joints are mortise and tenon joints. The male part was done on the table saw and the square hole was done with a forester bit and then corners were cut out with a mortise machine that I bought at harbor freight. I just thought that they would be stronger joints than just using screws.

Comment

I moved the boat forward on the trailer because like stated earlier, the weight wasn't evenly distributed.

Comment

Originally posted by flyin7 View Post
                        The joints are mortise and tenon joints. The male part was done on the table saw and the square hole was done with a forester bit and then corners were cut out with a mortise machine that I bought at harbor freight. I just thought that they would be stronger joints than just using screws.

Looks great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                        X