No announcement yet.

Just drew CHOKE CANYON SP - NORTH SHORE UNIT tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are dong it all wrong! I got drawn too BUT, I deleted the email about being withdrawn. I'm a jeniuos!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      Just as well. Choke Canyon North Shore Archery is one of the toughest hunts, imo. The bowhunters haven't killed a deer out there in years.
      We put in for it and got drawn in 2015. Saw one deer.
      Surprised to hear that, I haven't been on the north unit but have done the james daughtry WMA (its basically the bigger south unit on the lake) and their are a s**t load of deer there.
      Last edited by bossbowman; 08-16-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Mine was "withdrawn" what the heck? I won then I didn't

Comment

We got drawn as well paid permits for wife and our two boys ( they weren’t charged), and boom for the email states we were drawn in error we were receiving a refund boys pretty bummed but that’s life things happen gotta move on.

Comment

Guess I can bring boys with salt guns and hunt flies for the drawn hunters

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
              Surprised to hear that, I haven't been on the north unit but have done the james daughtry WMA (its basically the bigger south unit on the lake) and their are a s**t load of deer there.
              Daughtry is a whole different story.
              Lots of deer on the south shore unit too.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                The north side has always been a tough hunt and it's reflected in the kill results which weren't posted this year.

Many people believe that the north shore which is bordered by some larger ranches feed very heavily to draw as many deer as possible from the WMA which of course doesn't feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                  The north side has always been a tough hunt and it's reflected in the kill results which weren't posted this year.

Many people believe that the north shore which is bordered by some larger ranches feed very heavily to draw as many deer as possible from the WMA which of course doesn't feed.

My daughter got picked for the a gun hunt on the north side, Is it worth driving 4 hours??

Comment

Sure it is. Always better than sitting at the house. Shot this 140-inch 11-point on the archery hunt a few years ago.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I know that there are a ton of hogs. We saw groups of 50 plus when we were fishing in July.

Comment

Sweet!!!

Comment

I would certainly go. At the least it's a chance to get out and see some new country. And given your location a deer like pictured above can pop up at any time.

I wasn't trying to talk you out of it, just know that it's no slam dunk.
                          Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
                          My daughter got picked for the a gun hunt on the north side, Is it worth driving 4 hours??
                          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X