Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That buck is a brute! Congratulations

Comment

Beast. I think this is the same mold I'm using for my Texas Mule deer!!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Nice deer....bow???

Comment

beautiful Buck,Mount, in for the story

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Awesome mount congrats!!

Comment

Great looking mount. I can only dream of taking something like that. Congrats!

Comment

Dang it son, that's a great buck!

Comment

You will need a lot of wall space for that buck.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Tell us more! Dream buck right there.

Comment

Thanks fellas

He showed up in late 2016 and looked very similar, just without the drop. I had a bunch of pics through December and had him at about 40-50y one day but never had a shot. He showed back up in late 2017 and again was on cam almost everyday in Late November and early December.

I had been after another Hunt County buck all season who had pretty much disappeared so once this one showed up I switched over to him. Although there was still another one out there I wanted more, who I'm hoping to kill this year.

I was out for an afternoon hunt in early December and at about 515p he came in with a bunch of does. He walked around the corn pile for a few mins and then walked up to it to eat but was looking right at me. For a few mins he stood there eating and I started to panic a little thinking he wouldn't give me a shot before dark. Then he starts backing up and turns very slightly, giving me a quartering away shot at about 27y. Well, turns out he was quartering way harder than I thought and I put a pretty bad shot on him.

I called a few buddies and we agreed that I should back out and try to come back 3-4 hours later and see what the blood trail looked like.

So i went and met my wife and kids for dinner, of which I ate none, and like everyone always says in these situations, I was replaying the whole thing over and over in my head. I was sick.

A couple buddies that hunt close met me out there at about 930 or so and we started looking. Blood was pretty decent at first then got real spotty and admittedly, if I was alone I would have never found him. There were times were the drops would be 20-30ft apart and somehow they would find them.

We finally walked up on him around 11 and I was very relieved.

I guess the situation just got to me and I rushed to get the shot off, big time learning lesson that I hope I don't have to go through again.

Comment

So in other words.....You Smoked Him!

Seriously, we have all been there, or will be.......very anxious moments afterwards indeed.

Good luck on the one you are after this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X