shipping frozen food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shipping frozen food

Has anybody ever shipped food before? Would like to surprise a good friend with deer meat/sausage to his door. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Ttt

Comment

Overnight with dry ice?

Comment

Yep, dry ice. Doesn't have to be overnight...but, wouldn't ship it via pack mule either.

Comment

I use thick Styrofoam coolers with ice packs, All of which I receive medicine shipped in. Never had a problem and food is always frozen when it arrives

Comment

So foam chest in a box through post office or ups

Comment

Yes Sir

Comment

Originally posted by texas assasin View Post
                So foam chest in a box through post office or ups
                Yes, when we went to alaska, we shipped back to TX in no ice at all but with all fish hard frozen. Long as it's been in a deep freeze, you're good. Just remember your product needs to fill/almost fill the cooler, and seal with packing tape everywhere before you box it up if it's going a long ways.

Comment

you must declare that it is a perishable product. it will be stamped. hope this will help.

Comment

Do NOT say there is dry ice in said cooler! Airlines go crazy. I just flew out of San Antonio with axis meat. They asked if I had dry ice. I said yes. They said it costs $150 to fly with dry ice. I Asked why. They said it can make plane crash. So, I said. For $150 the laws of physics cease?
                    Took the dry ice out and shipped cooler as baggage. Meat was still frozen when I landed.
                    I have 2 day shipped meat from Texas to Virginia FedEx with no issues. Just make sure meat is frozen solid.

Comment

Someone sent me a turkey for thanksgiving one year completely frozen, no ice chest. When I received it, only the very outside had begun to thaw.

Comment

Freeze, wrap in a couple layers of newspaper and tape seam oof icechest.

Comment

Shipped whole processed deer to Pa, wrapped the meat in layers of newspaper, then lined the cooler with news paper. Duct taped the lid around the seam to hold the lid tight and keep it sealed.
                          Shipped it standard overnight and when it got their they told me it was still frozen solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                            Do NOT say there is dry ice in said cooler! Airlines go crazy. I just flew out of San Antonio with axis meat. They asked if I had dry ice. I said yes. They said it costs $150 to fly with dry ice. I Asked why. They said it can make plane crash. So, I said. For $150 the laws of physics cease?
                            Took the dry ice out and shipped cooler as baggage. Meat was still frozen when I landed.
                            I have 2 day shipped meat from Texas to Virginia FedEx with no issues. Just make sure meat is frozen solid.
                            This is funny!
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                              Seems like a heck of a deal to change the laws of physics.

Comment

Working...
                              X