7 Dust -Anyone use it anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 Dust -Anyone use it anymore?

I am an organic gardener for the most part , but having trouble keeping things from absolutely devouring my tomatillios, lettuce and squashes already. Some that cost me a lot of money already. My usual neem oil doesnt work. I remember my grandparents using something called 7 dust. How safe is it? Does it need to be reapplied often (after a rain). Does it leach into the actual vegatables? I am already out a lot $ on the lost plants and trying to salvage whats left

Great product. Sold at ACE, HOme Depot and even Loews. Beside the huge tumor on my ear I would say it is safe......lol. It is used as needed. It does not leach into the edible fruit/vegetable.....wash it off and chomp on down.

Comment

Got some 5 dust, looks like 7 had to remove a couple ingredients.LOL

It will need to be re-applied after a good rain, say's not to apply 2 weeks before harvesting. I try not to use it when the vegs are on the plant. Only use it if I see holes in leaves from something munching on them or ants trying to make beds in the garden

Comment

I think it should work just using it one time. My best memory of 7 Dust was when my grandma told my buddy of mine and I to go sprinkle some out in the back yard to get rid of some ants. We took a teaspoon out there with us and my buddy gets a big spoon full and starts to walk to the ant den very carefully. A gusts of wind comes through and blows that 7 Dust in his face. He flipped out and went home because he was convinced he was a goner.LOL he's alive and well.

Comment

Yep. Been using it a long time. Package actually says it's safe for vegies. Can even put it on your pets if need be. Rain will wash it off. Get one of those cool dusters to apply it with..better coverage and will use less. Good on all kinds of stuff

Comment

We use it on our garden, all you can get now is the 5%. It's pretty cheap, and keeps most of the bugs off. The 10% was much better, but they quit selling it.

Comment

We use 7 dust all the time. Good stuff

Comment

My grandma and grandpa used to put it in a sock and dust the dogs down with it

Comment

Lmao Landrover! People are probably huffing it now!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                    Every week for my dog out in the country...…..
                    A simple dusting will do.... No fleas, ticks...…
                    Put it on my cows too...…….

Comment

What exactly are you targeting?
                      Worms?
                      Lots of good alternatives to 7 dust.

Comment

When we farmed tomatos, SEVIN dust was our first line of defense. When the plants were small we would use it in socks, just dusting each plant for protection against cutworms and potato bugs. Perfect job for kids, walk down the rows and dust each plant. Don't know if that is the correct names but the sevin would control them, Dad had a duster on a 3 point hitch he would use when the plants got bigger. We would not have had any tomatos without it. Fogged the whole field.

Comment

This might help you. Certainly will clear up all the other wise useful help that seems to come from all the free advise. Go to this link below open it then click on Pests Controlled by this product. Then open sites which this Product may be applied. Then view Product label. Now you have the chemical by name, pests, application sites, reentry, time before use. Hope this helps.

Comment

Get you one of those pump fogged/dusters to apply it, save yourself some coin and puts out a better coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              Yup mine too

Comment

Working...
                              X