Suppresor - Trust Address?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppresor - Trust Address?

The trust papers make no mention of my address when i first purchased a can, however the form 4 lists my previous rent home... I have moved and think i need to change it but not sure how or what i need to do. Moved from a rental property address in Dallas to new permanent home in Dallas...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In for this as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
      In for this as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      X2

Comment

I had moved (within the same county) after setting up my trust and submitting F1/F4. I figured I needed to amend the trust for the change of address and submit some sort of form to the ATF so as not to further delay the process. Called the ATF number that you call for status check and the guy told me "No. Make sure it's changed for the next one." and abruptly hung up.

In for a more definitive answer...

Comment

Don't worry, they know where you live

Comment

I was told if your in same state they don't want any more paperwork. It held up one of mine for 6months. Was 17 or 18 after they checked the check before stamp showed up

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks everyone

Comment

I’ve moved since setting up my trust. I haven’t amended my trust address but make sure I put my current residence address on the F4 and I’ve had several cans processed with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My seller on the FA had a move/address conflict on his original paperwork & he mailed in a "change of address form" to update...I waited a couple three weeks & then sent in my $$$$, photos etc to ATF.

Is this 'change of address' form what you used Mike & how long did it take to get back??

Comment

I sent in change of address via email.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      My seller on the FA had a move/address conflict on his original paperwork & he mailed in a "change of address form" to update...I waited a couple three weeks & then sent in my $$$$, photos etc to ATF.

Is this 'change of address' form what you used Mike & how long did it take to get back??

No. What I’m saying is my trust address is still the same as it was. But any time I fill a new form, I use my current address of residence.

I haven’t filled anything out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Another question i just bought one with new silencer co. kiosk i paid the ATF fee via card, is this considered when my "check" was chased or will i be informed differently?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                          The trust papers make no mention of my address when i first purchased a can, however the form 4 lists my previous rent home... I have moved and think i need to change it but not sure how or what i need to do. Moved from a rental property address in Dallas to new permanent home in Dallas...

You need to read your Form 4.

If Page 3 of your Form 4 has a section titled: "Important Information for Currently Registered Firearms" and it says "Change of Address: Unless currently licensed under the Gun Control Act, the registrant shall notify the NFA Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, in writing, of any change to the address in item 2a," then you need to do what it says.

If your Form 4 doesn't have that language, then you don't need to do anything since you did not move to another state.

Comment

And there is no requirement to amend the trust after moving (nor would that make sense, since the trust should simply say what county you resided in when you created it).

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post

Does your Form 4 have anything to say about this?
                              Mine does.

One thing I can't figure out is why anybody's trust would contain their address... not that that has any bearing on this issue, but since it came up.

Comment

Working...
                              X