X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
    Are we allowed to bring a "neal guy" out in pieces? 500# would take a crew

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    The 500# and 325# were not legitimate weights, only the hunters estimation@ those were quartered in the field and hauled out to the road. So that answers your question.

Also, pretty much any mature nilgai will require a team to retrieve. Unless your the Laguna Master, he is the only one who moved whole nilgai single handled from field to truck!

Seriously, I would NEVER attempt to kill a nilgai solo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
      The 500# and 325# were not legitimate weights, only the hunters estimation@ those were quartered in the field and hauled out to the road. So that answers your question.

Also, pretty much any mature nilgai will require a team to retrieve. Unless your the Laguna Master, he is the only one who moved whole nilgai single handled from field to truck!

Thank you. And good job

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post

That's why I'm wanting to try and get a couple nilgai when I hunt Jan. 5-7 I got drawn with my dad and older brother. But any Nilgai kill with bow is a Great Kill.

Comment

Congrats Gbludau!! How many hunters made it through the entire hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by calfroper_06 View Post
            Congrats Gbludau!! How many hunters made it through the entire hunt?
            I don't think very many! It's cleared out alot. I did not hunt this morning, I'm laid up on the couch contemplating going this evening. I don't want to do that all over again this evening.

Comment

I bet, hauling one has to be very exhausting. So you get to hunt the full day on your last day?

Comment

Originally posted by calfroper_06 View Post
                I bet, hauling one has to be very exhausting. So you get to hunt the full day on your last day?
                It is... even when you have a 240lb Shaved Gorilla doing most of the dragging.. haha

I got some pretty good pics, will post em up when I get home.

The hunt was a blast, definitely in my top 3 hunts of all time

Here's a teaser...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Jspradley; 11-21-2017, 04:43 PM.

Comment

2 rattlers in less than 5 minutes I've almost stepped on..never made a sound.

Comment

Wow. No thanks on the rattlers.

Comment

I helped my dad drag out a 9 point several years ago and it was a chore. We only had to drag it out 1/2 a mile and we were wore out. Way back in '93 I shot a piglet and that was not fun carrying out either. Game cart is your friend. We take it in the first day and leave it out in the general area we hunt in. First couple of days we locked it to a tree. After a while we just left it unlocked. No one ever jacked with our cart.

Comment

For those of you rifle hunting, I called today and spoke to Nicky. She confirmed that the rifle hunts will be from legal shooting light the first day until dark the third day.

She also warned that if you shoot a trophy and want the cape you must wait the required 24hrs for freezing regardless of when you shot the animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Archery hunt #1 chalkboard. Good luck to the other hunters. Tough hunt, second time around for me. Had many opportunities but unfortunately did not get one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks TxFire409! Not sure if I’ll use it but I’m sure gonna give it a try brutha.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Does a Verizon signal work or is a hand held GPS recommended?

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                                Does a Verizon signal work or is a hand held GPS recommended?

Verizon should be good. Sprint sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X