Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabelas boots, lifetime warranty farce.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
    The OP has a valid rant. Cabelas is the one flaunting the lifetime warranty. He has a valid reason to bring question with this. And you have to go bust his chops over it. Go find your fajita if you can't provide positive insight into this

Wow.....243 WSSM telling folks they have to provide positive insight to post on a thread is funny...LMAO!

Must be a friend of yours?..
    Last edited by Smart; 01-01-2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
      Yes. The Planet Money story talks about all the abuse of the policy. Basically if you can find a pair of used boots at Salvation Army, and have no scruples, you can just walk in to LL Bean and return them for a new pair. They keep threatening to change the policy, but haven’t yet (I don’t think).
      I have LL Bean wading boots. The eyelets broke and customer service told me to send them in. They were old and I was only wanting a repair, since they were an old model they offered me a new pair for $50. Not the warranty the claim but it was a good deal

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
        which is ironic because Basspro exchanges Redhead socks with no hassle since they have a lifetime warranty.....

Well they do not honor their Red Head zip up snake boots. The sole completely disintegrated after being used twice a year over 2 years. They said too bad.

Same thing with lacrosse rain boots. Lacrosse customer service told me I had to apply a rubber moisturizer to the boots after each use for them to honor warranty. Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
          And would assume no retailer would offer a lifetime warranty, oh wait, got it on my rebuilt transmission, but based on their thought process if the transmission goes out its met its lifetime...
          And we are now comparing transmission failure to a pair of boots with a torn liner on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Wow.....243 WSSM telling folks they have to provide positive insight to post on a thread is funny...LMAO!

Must be a friend of yours?..
            Shouldn't you be sticking to your Know It All Thread since apparently you trump everyone else at everything on here?

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
              And we are now comparing transmission failure to a pair of boots with a torn liner on the inside.

Right??? Makes sense!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                Shouldn't you be sticking to your Know It All Thread since apparently you trump everyone else at everything on here?
                So cranky! You have to laugh at the irony though[emoji23]

Did I set accidentally set foot into your know it all thread?[emoji23][emoji23]. Sorry! I’ll do better!
                Last edited by Smart; 01-01-2018, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                  Nope, just comparing lifetime warranties.

Comment

Only thing I ever returned to Cabelas was a pair of compact binoculars with lifetime guarantee. Had them about 10 years and they got to where the two sides were not looking the same place. Just wanted to get them fixed or exchanged for same kind. Was told they did not make them anymore, could not fix them, don't do a lifetime warranty anymore, and would only give me a $100 credit on a new pair.... I use to be pretty loyal to Cabelas due to their quality and price...anymore?...not so much.

Comment

I can buy Asian-made hunting gear for half the price at Academy, without some warranty that says "we warrant it until it's broke".

Comment

I had a pair of Meindl perfekt hikers that the sole just completely came apart in between my first season of using them and getting them out of the closest the next year to use. The Allen store first tried refusing to do something but after getting a little loud but polite with them they replaced them with another pair. That's the only pair of boots I have ever had that came apart and it had nothing to do with wearing them, looked like a glue failure. If I had wore them a lot or been rough on them I wouldn't have raised a stink on them but when I had wore them less than 20 days total and wasn't rough on them I expect a $200 pair of boots to last longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
                          I can buy Asian-made hunting gear for half the price at Academy, without some warranty that says "we warrant it until it's broke".
                          And academy takes everything back with no questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            I love Cabelas!....actual wish they weren't on my way home! Spend way too much money there.

OP......sorry about your luck. Call customer service and see if they will help.

I’m a fan of cabela’s too. That bargain cave has boosted the length of my budget many times over.
                            Hate that bass pro bought them. They didn’t compare in my mind, value-wise. Hope they don’t go completely down hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not sure about the return being justified, BUT...the fact that there are no details (timeline) stated to what "lifetime warranty" means for said product by the manufacturer would bother me a little as well. What if it was a 1-2yr old pair of boots only worn during deer season so maybe 8-10 times for some people. How does the company determine "use or wear and tear" over a period of time? We all know how long boots can last...my daily Justin's are over 15yrs old and my Insulated hunting boots over 8yrs old. Wouldn't consider returning them for refund or exchange, but what signifies "their lifetime" I think is what the OP is ultimately asking now.... Much easier for any company to say "warranty is good from 4 years from date of purchase"...No gray area. Lifetime Warranty is a sales gimmick for "most" companies...

Comment

I bought an ATN night vision scope from Gander Mountain. Took it home and tried to use it that night in my front yard...it wouldn’t work. Called ATN the next day, had to update the software...still wouldn’t work. Was told by ATN to take it back to Gander. Gander Mgr said they have a policy that states they don’t accept electronic returns. I asked where it stated this, she said there’s signs. I asked if I could see a sign...took her 15 minutes to find it.

I finally got ugly and demanded my money as they sold me a defective item. They could return it to ATN, I wanted my money. I got my money back and the Frisco store went out of business. Alls well that end well.

Comment

Working...
                                X