Be that kind of friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be that kind of friend

I have always tried to be the kind of friend that would call into work to go drop the tank on a buddies F250, in a gas station parking lot, when it's 105 outside. Did I mention the tank was full of gas! I am that kind of a friend because my friends mean a lot to me, not because I want something from them. That being said, I recently entered into a land purchase and had to put in a quick offer, but had to wait to transfer some money from my retirement account for earnest money. One of my buddies stepped up and loaned me the $4k for two days! Amazing is all I could say, but what happened a week later blows that away. I found out I couldn't close on my house in time to get the land deal done and would be homeless basically. Well, another buddy stepped in and gifted me $40k to get it done. Even though I offered him a ridiculous return on his money, he wouldn't take a dime. That my friends is why you become the kind of friend that would eat a punch, bail a buddy out of a tight spot, or do the kind of things that a friend should! Karma exists, paying it forward works, and friends/family are the most important things in life. Sorry for the long read, just thought it was cool to share!

Congratulations. True friends are hard to come by. I have a lot of buddies but on several people who would be there regardless of any circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Great story. Good friends!! You must be a good man to have friends like that. Good luck with everything!

Comment

That is awesome. A good friend is a treasure.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

True, good friends are rare. Hopefully, we all have at least one.

Comment

Karma is all can say,good things happenn to good people

Comment

Love the positive stuff on tbh!! Can only make the world a better place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

I'm glad it worked out. Personally, I would never ask for and could never accept that kind of favor. Kudos to you for paying it back promptly.

Comment

Working...
                    X