Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tex mex RULES!

Comment

The one in Forney is part of a truck stop/convience store. Its way to expensive and is horrific.

Comment

Price and quality don't match up well enough for my regular business.

Comment

I call it BBQ for Tourist

Comment

Just curious as to what y'all are calling expensive? BBQ is and always has been pretty pricey.
            Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-02-2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

If you like paying to much, dry meat, nasty mashed potato salad, and the worst beans I have ever tasted then I guess it's not to bad for you. For me it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                I will say Louisiana BBQ is still better than any I have had in the Carolina's.......yuck!!! LOL!
                You don't like mustard BBQ sauce!!! I worked in SC for 2 months and this place in town cooked a whole hog every Friday and the guy had me some normal BBQ sauce stashed in the back. I can do the vinegar but not the mustard...

Comment

A friend of mine fron NC says real Carolina BBQ sauce does not have any mustard in it. Lots of Apple cider vinegar, a little molasses, tomato paste, fresh minced onion, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
                    There was one in Burleson a while back. I couldn't stand it. Might of just been a bad day. They didn't have a smoker. I can't seem to eat BBQ from a restaurant, if they don't have a smoker on premises.
                    Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRock View Post
                      A friend of mine fron NC says real Carolina BBQ sauce does not have any mustard in it. Lots of Apple cider vinegar, a little molasses, tomato paste, fresh minced onion, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
                      Alot like Llano area sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderSmoke View Post
                        They are all individually owned. If you have a owner who is there a lot and cares about delicious barbecue, the food will be great. I own one and think we do a great job.
                        Do you smoke meat at your restaurant? The reason I am asking is I have never had a slice of brisket from Dickey's that was tender and had a good smoke ring.
                        Last edited by SgtRock; 07-02-2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Its edible. Best thing is the free ice cream...

Comment

Dickey's brisket is like dry shoe leather. That' my two cents worth.
                            Last edited by SgtRock; 07-02-2013, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Dickeys is over priced and nothing to rave about. Plus they don't take as much pride in their product as a small local joint would.

Comment

Dickey's is to BBQ as Taco Bell is to Tex-Mex......actually worse. The one here locally was only open less than 5 months it was so terrible. Pretty sure the brisket was boiled. Now granted, that's been my only Dickey's bbq experience so I should probably try one somewhere else. It has to be better than paying $8 for a "meal" at McDonald's......maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X