First air rifle deer hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
    You might check the regulations before you hunt. Regs say compressed air only on WT deer. Self incriminating
    Pardon my ignorance on this, but, I’m curious (not interested in air gun hunting). I’m simply curious. What are the regs?
    Advantages/disadvantages/etc???

Comment

I think Antlers86 has a video of someone shooting a pig with one..

Comment

Awesome. Congrats sir. Well done.

Comment

Well done man. That is cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You might check the regulations before you hunt. Regs say compressed air only on WT deer. Self incriminating
            As many unprepared jack wagons as there are with archery tackle, I don’t see why the state or anyone here would have a problem with an air rifle. SMH!

Congrats to the OP!

Comment

Comment

He is using compressed air he's just filling it with a hand pump instead of a compressor...

Comment

Originally posted by HighCountry View Post
                  He is using compressed air he's just filling it with a hand pump instead of a compressor...
                  Exactly.
                  Congrats on the kill and thanks for the info. I might get myself one of these guns.

Comment

Heck ya thats awesome

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

I wonder if that’s the first deer ever killed in the State of Texas with an air rifle (legally anyway)?

Comment

If he’s hand pumping or using a compressor, it’s compressed air. He good to go !

Should have read all the way thru before posting, see some body all ready set him straight!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            I wonder if that’s the first deer ever killed in the State of Texas with an air rifle (legally anyway)?
                            I believe I’ve seen videos of others shot in Texas.

Comment

Congrats!!!

I just hope they're not pushing them into archery season.

Back in the late 70's a good hunting buddy made a spear gun for killing big Jew Fish. Used a small air tank for it that he filled from a dive tank, about 3000psi. If he was quick to close the valve after a shot he could get two shots off before having to refill. Fired a 3/8" steel rod with a hand made broadhead type harpoon spear point. No line was attached to the spear, a regular spear gun was used for the recovery.

With a little work a 210gr .41 cal bullet could be muzzle loaded and fired. Shooting a 1" steal plate bullets flatten out 25% more than when I shot the same bullet out of my 41 mag Blackhawk. I new then an air gun could easily take big game. I just never figured it would take so long until we could hunt with them. They're not really that quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                                I think Antlers86 has a video of someone shooting a pig with one..
                                That was me shooting the pig. Antlers86 filmed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X