No announcement yet.

Collin County BRUISER!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody have the pics of the deer that the Mckinney PD officer poached at the Heard Museum? I keep hearing some pretty crazy stories about MPD officers poaching trophy deer on City of Mckinney land too. Heard the same story in two different circles of friends recently....

Comment

Originally posted by backspinnn View Post
      Does anybody have the pics of the deer that the Mckinney PD officer poached at the Heard Museum? I keep hearing some pretty crazy stories about MPD officers poaching trophy deer on City of Mckinney land too. Heard the same story in two different circles of friends recently....

Haven't heard anything about either.
      Maybe time to call my Leo buddy and see what he says

Comment

I heard from three different people that the heard museum gig might've been known about and swept under the rug by a certain someone...

And Janow you stay away from my deer! I'm letting them all walk until 2016, it's in my management plan. As for you others, nominal fee means enough money to pay my mortgage from now till spring...

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
          I heard from three different people that the heard museum gig might've been known about and swept under the rug by a certain someone...

And Janow you stay away from my deer! I'm letting them all walk until 2016, it's in my management plan. As for you others, nominal fee means enough money to pay my mortgage from now till spring...

Sooooo you live in a little box right [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]??

Comment

Sometimes I wish!

Comment

Someone said the land around where this deer was taken was scheduled to be developed. Well I know some folks that live there and no it is not to be developed. In fact these monsters were bedding down on Corps of Engineer's land along the East Fork of the Trinity river. That Corps land will never be developed. TP&W has been conducting a study with permission of the COE to determine whether or not to open up that land to hunting. It would be a draw hunt similar to Hagerman. Hope this helped.

Comment

Helps tremendously, now I'll have six poachers instead of just one

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
                  Helps tremendously, now I'll have six poachers instead of just one
                  LOL. Some people just can't help themselves.

Comment

hmmmm....HUGE BUCK but sure seems to be some missing details

Comment

This is what happens when there hasn't been a season ever and they haven't been harassed whatsoever. Everyone likes to claim Photoshop, high fence, yada yada yada. The two incredible bucks killed this year are like 10 miles from my house. While I don't know them personally, I have several friends that do know the hunters. The pics are real, no photoshop and no high fences.

I only wish I would have tried to buy some land years ago. . . And yes, I'm afraid the poaching will become rampant.

Comment

Dallas Morning News article by Ray Sasser on Collin County buck.
                        http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/othe...e-serves-proof

Comment

It has been for awhile...

Originally posted by Gmann View Post
                          . . . And yes, I'm afraid the poaching will become rampant.
                          Actually some of those big Collin bucks were taken long before the "legal" archery season opened. I know on good authority several nice deer taken around the Westminster area in the mid-2000's...

With the continued developement in Collin it will push more deer into the creeks and low land area's. The genetics are great in the area for sure!

Comment

Interesting article. It is amazing what is in there now. I have bow fished for gar and carp along the east fork downstream from the dam and on south of Hwy 78 also. Only deer I ever seen was hit by a car on 78 at Lavon. That has been many years ago.

Comment

Working...
                            X