No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I need a few more posts to upload a photo...

Comment

Hunted a v-notched tree, ground blind, no corn at a good crossing where I had been seeing deer come from for several weeks. Wind was finally right, and two doe walked in at thirty yards behind some brush....when they finally turned broad side they were nearly blocked by the right side of the tree and a third smaller doe walked in behind as the look out. As they first two made there way right to left and were just about in my lane the third turned broadside allowing me to raise and draw on the left as the first and second doe stepped into the lane. Leveled up and waited for her to step calmly forward and let it go. Clean hit, ran about 40 yards (shape of ?) into thick scrub with a solid blood trail to follow.

Comment

First bow season and first bow harvest.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Nice freezer filler!

Comment

Congrats. Glad someone is getting it done to wrap up the season. I can’t seem to catch a break. Had to bucks come in yesterday, will see what today brings.

Comment

Nice nanny!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Winds picked up pretty good here, so I decided to sneak out for a quick snack/nap. Seems like someone educated these public land deer pretty well. Saw plenty of bucks today with 3 in my shooting zone. Between the last two days I have seen at least 5 different bucks that I could identify differences on. All I can do is shake my head and watch em pass through. Maybe tonight will bring a different result. Anyone else hunting the last few days of season?

Comment

Hope to be out there tomorrow.

Comment

Switchback, hope you are having better luck than me assuming you are out hunting. Fast changing weather today and lots of people out. Seems everyone has been cooped up with cabin fever until today. Haven’t seen this many people out and about in months.

Comment

So many ppl out.

Comment

Originally posted by jgould1 View Post
                          So many ppl out.
                          Yep. Just one of the fallacies of having a public land forum about the place you hunt. And all the critters ya see, for the World Wide Web to know.

I only expect more folks to give "public land" a shot, the more they hear about it.

Not directed at you jgould. Just a PSA.

Comment

I'm not say-n "Don't post." I'm say-n be careful about what ya post.

Comment

10-4.

Its public and tax dollars provide access for all... That said I've met lots of great people, especially fellow deer hunters.

Just wanted to share some place w folks who get how hard it is and how much work time go into it. Hope my posting was okay...

Comment

Originally posted by jgould1 View Post
                                10-4.

Its public and tax dollars provide access for all... That said I've met lots of great people, especially fellow deer hunters.

Just wanted to share some place w folks who get how hard it is and how much work time go into it. Hope my posting was okay...

My self, don't know how much time I've got left in my lifetime to hunt public. Body is wearing down. May be a day soon I'm no longer able to get out there due to all the work that is required. And leasing has almost always been out of my grasp due to my income, most of my life. But I can say in my 30+ something years of hunting public lands here, that I've got some great memories; trophies in my mind.

After all, the "True Trophy" is the memory that is created. Not the mount on the wall.
                                Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-21-2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X