Prayers needed for Ed (esp) Patak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers needed for Ed (esp) Patak

Most of you know Ed Patak (esp) has been battling cancer for quit a while now.

Stage 4 cancer of the brain, lung, liver and spine snuck up on Ed without warning a few years ago and he has put up a gallant effort fighting it all the way. He is a tough man that has endured quite the realm of various treatments and hospital stays. Treatments ranging from chemo, radiation, immunotherapy, Gamma Knife and even non-FDA approved clinical trial meds.

While I have personally never met Ed, our deer leases share a common fence boundary so we’ve communicated via phone or text for many years now. I have always been impressed by his upbeat attitude while facing the uncertain outcome of his disease. Never once has he complained about the negative side effects or complications associated with his illness or treatment. Just like in life, his journey fighting this cancer has been filled with both Highs and Lows. In January of last year, he told me the doctors estimated he only had about 18 months left. Over the next few months, he endured many hospital stays and different forms of treatments. Then in April, he called me out of the blue to let me know that a new form of treatment was very successful and that doctors said the tumor in his brain was totally gone. Just like that, he was back on his feet feeling as well as he ever had in years. We talked and talked throughout the past deer season as he seemed to really be on the rebound. The last time we actually spoke was in May right after he had received yet another positive update from his doctor.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=642086

Ed always seems to be in great spirits and loves to talk deer hunting and the great outdoors in general. He sends me pics of his families’ Christmas fish fry every year. I SO ENVY his famous weekends of making summer sausage, salami, klobasa, brats and whatever else in his amazing and epic smokehouse.[emoji33]

Well, recent texts have gone unanswered and I received news today from Ed’s sister Angie (czechgrubworm) that Ed is not doing well and treatment appears to no longer be working. Ed is a kind soul and luckily he has a great support system in a very close-nit family of Christian folk but it’s important he knows we are praying for him.

Please pray for Ed and his wife Sandra as well as Angie and the entire family. Ed and Sandra have two grown children, daughter Megan (aka Sweets Patak here on TBH) and son, Matt.

God bless this family. I am reminded of this thread when I think of Ed and his family.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...hlight=sausage

Last edited by RascalArms; 08-21-2018, 02:14 PM.

Hate to hear this!!!

I’m praying for you, Ed and all your family.

Comment

Many prayers going up for Ed and his family.

Cancer sucks.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Thank you RascalArms for lifting my brother and his family up for prayers and love... You are a valued friend to him.... Hugs.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers sent for Ed and all family and friends.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Prayers sent. For Ed and entire family.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Hate cancer

Comment

kneemails sent up for Ed and his family

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                          Cancer sucks.
                          Yes it does.

Prayers up for Ed and his entire family.

Comment

Prayers up for Ed ,his Family and Friends.

Comment

Prayers

Comment

Working...
                              X