Red dots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red dots?

I have a cheap $100 red dot on my ar at the moment. I took it to the range this weekend and had no consistent acuracy or group. Realy want a red dot since I already have a magnifier. Thinking of biting the bullet and buying an eotech to get the accuracy I'm looking for. Just thought I'd see if anyone here knows any other low budget red dots that put it where you wan consistently.

I'd say get the eotech or aimpoint pro and you wont ever have to worry about it again.

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
      I'd say get the eotech or aimpoint pro and you wont ever have to worry about it again.
      x2

Comment

I have an Aimpoint H1 2moa on my HD gun, but the Bushnell TRS25, Vortex Strikefire, and Primary Arms Microdot all have good reputations as budget optics. They just don't have the battery life of the Aimpoints.

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
          x3

Eotech 1 MOA center reticle is nice, but the rest of it to me is rather cloudy.

Aimpoint Pro is a sweet sight, and I believe you can get it in a 2 MOA

I also have the vortex strikefire, primary arms micro dot, bushnell trophy dot, Eotech. I love the eotech, like i said though, just dont like the circle around it. They all hold a solid zero without any issues. I would probably rank them 1. Eotech 2. Strikefire 3. Bushnell Trophy 4. Microdot

I would suggest going to the store and picking them up and taking a gander through them and seeing which you prefer. For the up close and personal stuff, you can get away with a 4 - 6 MOA, but for longer shots (100 yards or so) I would definitely go with a smaller MOA.
          Last edited by Chuy; 11-11-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Eotech

Comment

Vortex Strikefire for the money will hold a zero and is pretty simple and easy to operate and is bright enough for day time shooting. But if you got the money to pony up and get the aimpoint then I highly suggest it. Very impressed with the one I got to shoot and play with can't remember the exact model he had but it was sweet.

Comment

Aimpoint. hands down

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Aimpoint. hands down

X2. I'm a huge Aimpoint fan. When it comes to red dot they're waaaaay out front.

Eotechs are good quality for sure. I just don't like them. (Reticle and size/weight)

Trijicon also makes a good solid optic.

Look into Aimpoints Patrol Rifle Optic if you're on a budget.

Been hearing good stuff about the Vortex Strikefire. I have limited experience with them but the seem pretty good for the money. It's probably the only LOW LOW budget red dot I'd reccomend. We sell quite a few of them.

Aimpoint is my go-to for red dots. LOVE them.

Ike

Comment

Patrol Rifle Optic

Ike
                    Attached Files

Comment

Aimpoint.

Normally I'd say go with a Comp M2, M3, or M4 but since the PRO came out, there's really no comparison. It's cheaper and as good or better than the others.

The advantage of Aimpoint is the battery life and reliability. EOTech's are measured in hundreds of hours. Aimpoint's are measured in 10's of thousands of hours. I believe the pro is 50,000 hours. Quite simply, I leave my Aimpoint's mounted on my rifles and with the dot on at all times. My EoTech's definitely have to be monitored and turned off.

Reliability is the other factor. I've never heard of an Aimpoint having an issue without substantial abuse. EoTechs seem to be a little hit or miss. Most are solid, some are problem filled from the get go, and some are amazing.

That said, the EoTech looks so cool.

Another quick thought would be to look into a Mepro. It's the IDF's red dot and the prices are all over the board. I've seen them as cheap as 200 and as high as 700 for the same optic.

Comment

AimPoint or Eotech.

Be sure to research counterfeit Aimpoints and EoTechs on Google if you will be buying from someone other than a dealer.

Comment

aimpoint

Comment

For CQB only the Eotech wins hands down, for an all purpose the Aimpoint is the winner.
                            Last edited by Trust; 11-12-2013, 03:35 PM. Reason: Grammer

Comment

Originally posted by Trust View Post
                              for CQB only the Eotech wins hands down, for all purpose and the Aimpoint is the winner.

Comment

Working...
                              X