What gun to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What gun to buy?

My wife just got her real estate license and I want her to carry a fire arm with her at all times. I'm not very well educated when it comes to guns so, I'm in need of help. I've been told that revolvers have less problems,(when carried in a purse). Thoughts? And what caliber? She's only 5'3" and 113 lbs.

you need to put her behind some. Anyone can say what they like but at the end of the day if SHE doesnt like it then it will be nothing more than a paper weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
      you need to put her behind some. Anyone can say what they like but at the end of the day if SHE doesnt like it then it will be nothing more than a paper weight.
      X2 some ranges have guns you can try. Call around.

Comment

with that being said i took some girls shooting this last weekend and they all love a 38 revolver the most which supprised me as i also let them shoot 9, 40, and 45's. I revolver is reliable and should never fail idealy but you loose round count. I would stay away from 380 semi's as everyone i have used has malfunctioned in one way or the other. If she is going to keep it in her purse it will need a safety for sure. But i would just take all those things i just said and head to the nearest gun store or hit the next gun show and let her pick up every single one she like. Then take that list and search the interweb for reviews or post the list on here and we can give you some feedback from there

Comment

Not trying to tell ya what to do, but.... purse carry isn't the best way. On body carry is better. She may not be near her purse when needed. When I was looking at houses my agent never carried her purse into the house while showing. Your wife being very small in stature will be difficult to conceal. There are bra systems and belly band holsters as well as others. YouTube is where I've seen some options. Good luck, congratulations to her on the license and hope she is safe out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
            with that being said i took some girls shooting this last weekend and they all love a 38 revolver the most which supprised me as i also let them shoot 9, 40, and 45's. I revolver is reliable and should never fail idealy but you loose round count. I would stay away from 380 semi's as everyone i have used has malfunctioned in one way or the other. If she is going to keep it in her purse it will need a safety for sure. But i would just take all those things i just said and head to the nearest gun store or hit the next gun show and let her pick up every single one she like. Then take that list and search the interweb for reviews or post the list on here and we can give you some feedback from there
            Yeah, I plan on spending a lot of time at the range with her. I figured she would try a lot of different guns, I just wanted to make sure that none of them had to much kick for her.

Comment

Smith & Wesson 442 or 642...I like the darker 442. Try to find one without the stupid lock.

Great gun and easy to carry / shoot...good back up gun too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter75 View Post
                Not trying to tell ya what to do, but.... purse carry isn't the best way. On body carry is better. She may not be near her purse when needed. When I was looking at houses my agent never carried her purse into the house while showing. Your wife being very small in stature will be difficult to conceal. There are bra systems and belly band holsters as well as others. YouTube is where I've seen some options. Good luck, congratulations to her on the license and hope she is safe out there.
                Very good points! I'm not sure exactly where she will carry it but, I was just assuming it would be in her purse. There may be a better concealed system out there that I can find for her.

Comment

22 mag. light , deadly

Comment

Originally posted by Jared L View Post
                    Yeah, I plan on spending a lot of time at the range with her. I figured she would try a lot of different guns, I just wanted to make sure that none of them had to much kick for her.
                    well the amount of recoil that she can handle may surpise you. I have seen girls walk up and shoot a 380 and say they hate it but go pick up a 45 and love the heck out of it. Im a huge fan of 9mm for the ladies to carry. but by all means if she gets down with the 45 then more power to her

Comment

My mother rents out her properties with her hand on a ladies sm 38 She has never shot anyone. Just pulled it out once and walked out to talk about it.

She isn't much bigger than 5'3'' 113lbs

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
                        22 mag. light , deadly
                        The unreliability of rim fire rounds would make this a no no in my book. Have her go shoot and feel several to see what she likes..I took my wife out when she decided to get her CHL, she shot my SW 642 Airweight, hated it. She Shot My CZ, hated itshe shot my glocks..all of them, nope. Of all the guns, she liked, she shoots well and carries to this day is a Makarov..

Comment

Hammer less 38 revolver. If it misfires just keep pulling the trigger.

Comment

Smith and Wesson airweight 642 38 spec +p ,with crimson trace laser grips. Great gun ,no brainer

Comment

Working...
                            X