New heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New heads

Got these in the mail yesterday. They are the new day six heads, first impression is they look good and are sharp. I like the materials and a bit cheaper than iron will is a plus. These should zip right through a pig or anything for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice! I've heard good things about those!

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
      Nice! I've heard good things about those!

Can’t wait to stick a pig with one. I’m slowly preparing for Africa so I’m sure these will do great

Comment

They are too similar to the design of the solid head for me. Those solid heads were junk. The bleeder blades would break away from the ferule. Time will tell if these are better. I will stick with my iron wills tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
          They are too similar to the design of the solid head for me. Those solid heads were junk. The bleeder blades would break away from the ferule. Time will tell if these are better. I will stick with my iron wills tho.

I agree with you on the solids, but I’m hoping these will do better than those. Titanium ferrule and better blade materials, Both are improvements over the solids imo. If these suck and fall apart on pigs then I’ll end up with iron wills

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Is it wrong to think broadheads look sexy?

Comment

They fly like darts, but I did a accidental durability test.. blew through my targets, went in the dirt and buried itself in a 4x4 post. Got it pulled out and everything is good other than 1 little chip in the blade

Comment

I'm not defending the Solid heads (never used them), but on most fixed blade broadheads the bleeder blade is designed to break away when hitting bone.

IIRC it was Fred Bear who championed the use of breakaway bleeder blades. His estimation was that leaving a four blade hole was best for a blood trail but having the blade break off instead of inhibiting penetration when encountering bone was also best.

He said, in effect, that a perfect head left a four cut entry and exit hole but only had two blades while in the animal and that a breakaway bleeder blades where as close as we could get to that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                    I'm not defending the Solid heads (never used them), but on most fixed blade broadheads the bleeder blade is designed to break away when hitting bone.

IIRC it was Fred Bear who championed the use of breakaway bleeder blades. His estimation was that leaving a four blade hole was best for a blood trail but having the blade break off instead of inhibiting penetration when encountering bone was also best.

He said, in effect, that a perfect head left a four cut entry and exit hole but only had two blades while in the animal and that a breakaway bleeder blades where as close as we could get to that scenario.

The problem is however the part that breaks on the solid is the ferrule where the bleeder is attached. When it breaks the main blade is compromised as well. It will shift side to side 1/16 or more.

Comment

Working...
                    X