Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
    Txt to me. I’ll post them. Still got my number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep sent

Comment

Comment

Nice deer. Congrats.

Comment

Random find..

Anyone else notice the book doesn’t say anything about wearing hunter orange this year?

Comment

If you just recently put a lock on up 10-12ft up, left your 3rd ladder laying next to a tree and trash (propel and water bottles) in a ziplock bag next to your extra ladder... PM ME. Cause your an idiot [emoji2359]

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
              Gorgeous morning hunt. First full morning to be able to hunt the new spot I found. Saw two 8pts together, probably 11 and 10 inch inside spread. One of them made a rub 10 yards from me which was cool to watch. Saw a little 4pt chasing a doe. Saw a few more does. Then later, out of nowhere like a ghost, saw a nice 8pt. Immediately, I knew he was outside the ears. He was about 40 yards away but tucked behind some trees. I grabbed my bow and was able to slowly stand up. I was waiting for at least 10 minutes for him to make his move, but he just stood there. The wind was in my favor. Then all of a sudden he just started running towards me but also behind me. I picked an open spot quickly and drew back, I made a grunt sound and released my arrow as soon as he stopped 15 yards behind me....all of this within a few seconds. He dropped immediately. I realized I shot him high and probably hit his spine, he was still alive and trying to get up and crawl away so I put another arrow in his lungs. Ended up with a nice 8pt buck with exactly a 15” inside spread. I’ll post pics soon.
              Nice deer dude! He definitely has some age on him. Props for doing it on public

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                Nice deer dude! He definitely has some age on him. Props for doing it on public
                Thank you. It was definitely one of the best hunts I’ve ever had. I’m going to spend the rest of season probably hunting at Sam Houston with my dad now plus I have a couple drawn hunts coming up. Good luck to everyone out there!

Comment

Thank you. It was definitely one of the best hunts I’ve ever had. I’m going to spend the rest of season probably hunting at Sam Houston with my dad now plus I have a couple drawn hunts coming up. Good luck to everyone out there!
                  Very nice buck, congrats! Nails or Yegua?

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
                    Very nice buck, congrats! Nails or Yegua?
                    Thank you. I’d prefer not to say where to be respectful to other hunters. I’m not saying you personally would go hunt that part of the unit, but other hunters may.

Comment

Thank you. I’d prefer not to say where to be respectful to other hunters. I’m not saying you personally would go hunt that part of the unit, but other hunters may.

It's ok. You can tell us. We won't tell anyone

Congrats.

Comment

Anyone going to be duck hunting the flag pond this weekend ?

Comment

Great buck, MDoug! Those are definitely hard to come by- especially at Somerville. Thanks for the write-up too. Always good to hear a plan come together like that.

Throwin' up a hand for an internet high-five to you.

Comment

Originally posted by buck128 View Post
                            Anyone going to be duck hunting the flag pond this weekend ?

Wont be any room for another boat in flagpond opening weekend. Been seeing lots of birds at the WMA.

Comment

I understand, that's why my location question was very general

Comment

Read the rules and learned a little from comments here. Never hunted this area. Sound like a lots of luck and decent skill might see a good buck. Doe's not that difficult but limited days to hunt them. Pigs promising opportunity. Talked to the Mgr. Nice fella. Now this old man will make a field trip. I hunt weekdays being retired but will have to tromp around to know the area. So goes Public locations which is new to me. Finding most folk on this thread decent with a lot of poking fun at rookies like me. We deserve it. All good. See ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X