Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIG buck showed up, how to get him back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG buck showed up, how to get him back?

So back when they were in velvet I had a large 8 point show up to my feeder and hasn't been back since. A family member of mine has had him show up recently at his feeder about a quarter mile away recently. My question is what products (attractants etc. ) should I use to get him back!? We have 860 acres in Sonora and I would like to get him in bow season before the entire family comes for rifle season. This is my first year bow hunting and any tips would be appreciated!

ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	25031791

Just hope!

Comment

Lol. Whn u find it. Let the rest of us know would ya.

Comment

Looks like a 9. Free range deer go where they please. The only thing you can do is spend as much time out in the field as you can and hope for the best. Hot doe would help too, but it's well over a month early for that where you're hunting.

Comment

It can't hurt to try some vanilla sprayed corn, or what worked at my place to bring in deer I didn't have before was berry flavored pig out. Can't hurt to try either one of those

Comment

A 1/4 mile is nothing. I would still consider that to be in your area. He could show up at anytime. You just gotta be there when he does. Corn is the best attractant I've found, next to a hot doe. Everytime you are there, put out a couple of hundred pounds of corn on the roads around your stand. If that doesn't work you can always climb into your family member's stand. GL.

Comment

Originally posted by bolilloloco View Post
              a 1/4 mile is nothing. I would still consider that to be in your area. He could show up at anytime. You just gotta be there when he does. Corn is the best attractant i've found, next to a hot doe. Everytime you are there, put out a couple of hundred pounds of corn on the roads around your stand. If that doesn't work you can always climb into your family member's stand. Gl.
              x2 ^^

Comment

I was reading about the vanilla trick and will try that along with the a attractant block. Hopefully I will see him again! Thanks all for the help and will post if I see him again.

Comment

Working...
                X