What could be done different here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What could be done different here?

I took this pic in the lobby at The Lodge in Cloudcroft, NM. I didn't have many options with where to take it from with all the furniture in the way but I knew what I was trying to get. The chandelier and the elk in the back ground. I like the pic but its not exactly what I was looking for. Any suggestions?

If you have never been to The Lodge, its worth a look. Lots of history, ghosts, a challenging 9 hole course(18 with different tee boxes) and lots of scenery.

What end result were you trying to achieve? What camera did you take picture with?
    If it was a point and shoot, it was probably on auto focus/closest subject, which looks like that was the setting in this case because the closest subject to you in the photo is what is in focus. Change the setting so you can choose where you want the focal point to be and then shoot it again if you can.
    I would try to focus on the elk's eye.

Comment

Focus

What he said. If your using a DSLR take it off of AF and it makes it alot easier to focus on the elk. Still an awesome looking pic, very creative.

Comment

I would have focused on the ELK personally, and moved to the right just a hair as to get a full view of the mount.

Comment

Looked at your EXIF. 50mm, f1.8, 1/60, 800 ISO. And you shot in Manual. Seems like your exposure is good. You have enough DOF to tell it's an elk, but shallow enough to put the emphasis on the chandelier. Without knowing what you were going for, everything seems good to me. Heck, I like it just as it is! Maybe Photoshop the white ceiling black?

Comment

I like it as is. I personally wouldn't have focused on the Elk because then it would have been hard to figure out what was blurred in the foreground.
            Great exposure....
            Maybe you could have tried to not cut off the tip of the horns... but that is all I can figure...
            Great shot

Comment

I would say I like it as is, except I would've tried to get the entire mount in the picture

Comment

I'm with snakelover I like it the way it is but to do differently...maybe whiten the ceiling and maybe the base of the bulb holders and darken the flashed edge of the chandelier. Hope you don't mind but I took a few liberties to show you what I mean, nothing over the top but a little post processing in some software goes a long way.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Shadow; 08-06-2009, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                  What camera did you take picture with?
                  Nikon D90
                  50mm F1.8 lens

I had to work around two couches and an end table. They were really in the way. I wanted the chandelier in focus and the elk out. Think I wanted more elk, less light.

Comment

I kinda like the dark side

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                      I kinda like the dark side

I kinda like that as well.

Comment

Dark side

Comment

Dark Side

I like, I like

Comment