Side of beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side of beef

Anyone here from the SA area deal with sides of beef? I lost my lease and the freezer is getting bare. I would like to discuss getting a custom side or quarter of angus if possible. Anyone have a connection?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Dr. Evil; 08-28-2018, 05:40 PM.

If a meat market is an option try Penshorns in Marion

Comment

I had a similar thought when I wasn’t successful last deer season. Took until about a month ago to find a guy/ cow at the right price and get it finished, butchered and home. I don’t have any contacts for you (mine was a friend of anfriend thing), but be patient and you’ll find one.

Comment

Never tried them but Santa Anna processing is always offering a 1/2 side of choice beef for sale. Cut how ever you want it. It's usually 3.50 per lb. They are on FB and sure they have a website.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
          Never tried them but Santa Anna processing is always offering a 1/2 side of choice beef for sale. Cut how ever you want it. It's usually 3.50 per lb. They are on FB and sure they have a website.
          Where are they located?

Comment

LOL Santa Anna...

Comment

Curious about this also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
                Where are they located?
                Santa Anna, Tx. About 20 miles west of Brownwood.

Comment

Granzins in New Braunfels.

Comment

Wiatreks in Poth. Very reasonable prices and excellent beef and sausage. The sell front quarters, hind quarters or half calves. They have their own feedlot and butcher their own cattle. You can't beat their meat.

Comment

Hess Meats and Fischer's in Muenster both do beef. Hess is Texas certified and Fischer's is USDA. Can always make you a deal on a half.

Comment

You can either buy beef from the market or get a trailer and buy a small steer at a sale yard. Take it to the meat market/butcher and get it done that way. I'd compare prices and see which is cheaper.

Comment

Santa Anna does a good job.

Comment

So whats the going rate otd when buying a 1/4 or half? I know it depends on quality so say its USDA choice?

Comment

Go shoot some axis or other exotic.

Comment

Working...
                              X