Canon walk around lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon walk around lens

Looking for a good walk around lens what would you recommend.

Depends, what lenses do you have now and what kinda budget your working with.

Sigma Corporation of America is a subsidiary of the Sigma Corporation, a Japanese based family owned manufacturer of DSLR cameras, camera lenses and camera accessories. Founded in 1961, Sigma Corporation prides itself on high quality and innovative photographic equipment.

Sigma Corporation of America is a subsidiary of the Sigma Corporation, a Japanese based family owned manufacturer of DSLR cameras, camera lenses and camera accessories. Founded in 1961, Sigma Corporation prides itself on high quality and innovative photographic equipment.

Comment

I have a 4.5 70 to 200l USM IS but it is a little bulky for walking around or in the kayak

Comment

I've been itchin' to get Canon's 24-105mm f/4 for my walk around.

Comment

I have the first one that Shadow linked. I actually don't use it all that much because I have other better quality lenses that cover that range with larger apertures. So if I have all my lenses with me, I tend to grab another for a specific photo opportunity.

But as long as you have a good amount of light, it's a good lens that covers a broad range of focal lengths with a minimum of weight. So if I'm going on a long hike or something where weight is a factor and I'm only going to carry one lens, it's a nice compromise. It would be a lens that would always have a niche.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro1970 View Post
            I've been itchin' to get Canon's 24-105mm f/4 for my walk around.
            I really want this lense but its out of stock

Comment

Originally posted by Rotag View Post
              I really want this lense but its out of stock
              Amazon has them in stock. Ships from one of their vendors, J&R Music and Computers. I've gotten some stuff from them using Amazon payment and never had a problem with them. Looks like free shipping too.

Comment

It is hard to beat the 17-55 f2.8 IS on a crop camera (xxd or rebel series).

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  It is hard to beat the 17-55 f2.8 IS on a crop camera (xxd or rebel series).
                  100% agree. I keep my Tamron 17-50 2.8 locked on to the front of my camera 90% of the time. If you're watching your budget, the Tamron may be worth a look over the Canon IS.

Comment

I shoot Nikon but I like my 55-200VR for my take one lens that doesn't weigh 8lbs.

Comment

So casey how will that lens do if I upgrade the body

Comment

I have to agree with Casey, the 17-55 F2.8 is hard to beat. With regards to upgrading your body, unless you plan on getting a full frame camera (5D series or 1D series) it will be fine. If not, then sell it for a bit less than you bought it for and get the 24-105 F4.

Kevin

Comment

My 17-55 f2.8 hasn't come off since Casey convinced me get one. It's a little heavy, but I got use to it

Comment

my walk around lens is my kit lens, it's a 28-135 IS USM F3.5-5.6 and does rather well for me.

Comment

With the 17-55 F2.8, the pictures take themselves

You DONT wanna be in that cloud...

Lava flow entering ocean...

The discoloration in the water is actually bacteria due to the environment the lava creates in the ocean water.

Comment

Working...
                              X