Nilgai Bull Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilgai Bull Down

My 14 year old and I headed down to Arroyo City with boat in tow on Wednesday to do some fishing and try to get myself a Nilgai after he shot a cow year before last. We have caught a decent amount of trout but only a few keepers but it has been nice out on the water. Last night we went out with Kayote Outfitters and started by hunting their crop land. Unfortunately when we arrived the crops had been cut. We saw a nice sized pig and a lot of white tails feasting on the cut crops but no Nilgai. We then headed down the highway to their ranch. We spent a couple hours staking brush and fields and finally I get the word that there is a big Nilgai about 100 yards out in an open field. I post up on the sticks and Nick hits the light and sure enough it’s a large mature Bull but he is facing away from me headed to the brush line. Nick say to take a shot at his neck so I let one rip and instantly reload. He then turns broadside and I line up on him again and let the second shot rip and he drops in his tracks. When we where cleaning him we found that the first shot hit him in the spine and the second shot took out his ticker. I highly recommend these guys if you are looking for a good hunt. Ask to hunt with Nick... he is great!
    Attached Files

Here is another
    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats, they are some fantastic eating. Do they have a price list? Couldn't find one on their website.

Comment

I think it depends on he type of hunt and the time of year. I can get you in touch with them if you want. Shoot me a message if you want their number.

Comment

Cool! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats! You got some good meat right there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a really good bull, Congrats!

Comment

Wow. He looks giant. Great work.

Comment

congrats!!

Comment

Oh yeah!!! That's awesome sir!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X