New sight install, couple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New sight install, couple questions

I was previsously using a fuse 5 pin, well this morning i went and bought a trophy ridge cypher 5.

Before taking off my fuse i measured from the riser to the front of the sight ring and it was 2.5". On the cypher the ring is larger so i moved it out to the last mounting hole about 4 inches from the riser. With my 3/8" peep this frames the inside of the sight circle perfect. I can still see the outside of the sight ring slightly but the peep frames the inside ring perfect. With my sight out at 4 inches what are the diffrences going to be if any, and whats the average distance for normal riser to sight?

Shouldn't feel any different, the only difference will be your pins won't be near the same. I don't have an answer for you on average distance.

Comment

I don't think there is an average distance it's a personaly preference. I like my sights as far away from the riser as possible. They claim it will help with accuacy

Comment

moving a sight out away from the riser increases the sight radius which can aid in accuracy; however, doing so will increase the float pattern of the sight pins and can lead to punching for some folks.

i set mine up to get the float pattern i want then size the peep accordingly.

Comment

Just shot in my 20 pin and so far so good. I think im going to leave it where it is

Comment

Working...
          X