Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever blown away at a concert (by the music?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackfoot at a VFW hall a long, long time ago

Comment

Ive seen Aaron Lewis five times and he was amazing each and every time. He is my favorite musician. Couple other unknowns that blew my mind were Sarah Hobbs from East Texas and Carson Taylor Alexander from Austin.

Comment

First concert I ever went to was in Dallas ('74) and truly amazing. Lead-on band was Robin Trower (fresh off of going solo from Procol Harem); second band was King Crimson (of "Hall of the Mountain King"); feature act was Ten Years After, featuring Alvin Lee. Amazing concert; really spoiled me for the longest time. Subsequently saw Ted Nugent, Blue Oyster Cult, Rush, later Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Yes, Bad Company. Really enjoyed Ray Wylie Hubbard and Rusty Weir; recently amazed at the guitar skills of John Fogarty, and Paul McCartney can pick as well. No one short of Alvin Lee can touch Joe Bonamassa, though.

Comment

Turnpike Troubadors both times I’ve seen them. First time at Mosquito Fest and then last time I saw them at Chilifest in 2016 they put on the performance of a lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
            Went to see Black Sabbath at Dallas' Reunion Arena in the late 70's. Van Halen opened up for them, and opened my eyes to awesomeness.
            I'm still ****** that I missed that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              You ain't lived if you've never been to a Gwar concert!
              I wish I could have seen the OG Gwar :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                I'm still ****** that I missed that one!
                Ha! Well, Ozzy was so blitzed that night he could hardly stand up. Vocals were horrible, so BS was a big disappointment. You did miss a helluva Van Halen performance, however!

Comment

Originally posted by wooman View Post
                  Does any Texas country musician Really outgrow Greene Hall ?
                  The problem is that the size of the crowds that the bands eventually draw out grow the hall..
                  I doubt Cody Jinks or Midland will ever play at Gruene again unfortunately..
                  The draw is just too big for the venue.. I hope Im wrong though....

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
                    Ha! Well, Ozzy was so blitzed that night he could hardly stand up. Vocals were horrible, so BS was a big disappointment. You did miss a helluva Van Halen performance, however!
                    Saw Van Halen a few times at the Texas Jamm.

Comment

Aaron Lewis ,, I will have to vote on this one also . The small bars that he has been playing at lately to me the best . He can bring his voice to another level when he is playing acoustic . I seen many concerts , but for some reason Aaron's show to me was right up there with the best !

Comment

The South Austin Moonlighters - front man has an unreal voice.

The Saxon Pub Sunday 13 January 2013"That's what I call guitar playing!"

Comment

This is them covering the Beach Boys Good Vibrations.

The South Austin Moonlighters perform The Beach Boys Classic song Good Vibrations written by Mike Love & Brian Wilson, for the ALL ATX CD, benefiting Health ...

Comment

First time I saw Collective Soul ('95) Opened for Aerosmith.

Comment

I was fortunate to stand 3rd row at a Garth Brooks concert. I obviously knew who he was before hand, but I was blown away. I was close enough for him to fling water on me when he swung his water bottle around!

Comment

Originally posted by monster7 View Post
                                Aaron Lewis ,, I will have to vote on this one also . The small bars that he has been playing at lately to me the best . He can bring his voice to another level when he is playing acoustic . I seen many concerts , but for some reason Aaron's show to me was right up there with the best !
                                His voice is probably the most impressive I've ever heard in person. Real deep, raspy, and loud!

Comment

Working...
                                X