Not all string materials are created equal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not all string materials are created equal

I recently made the switch form d97 to bcyx and let me tell you it's night and day difference. I build all my own string and thought that d97 was adequate for my needs. I would have to adjust the string for about 200 shoots before it settled. Bcy was settled when I strung my bow and fired the first arrow. Noise from the twang of the string disappeared. The very minor feedback of the shoot on my sarrells became nonexistent. I'm not the latest greatest trend follower and realize that bcyx is old news but if you haven't tried it give it a whirl.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Spot on.

BCYX is pretty good stuff.

I hate DF97. It's just barely better than Dacron in my opinion.

Rick

Comment

I have that opinion now as well

Comment

I just but what Black Widow sella.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          I just but what Black Widow sella.

That would be 14 strands of DF97.
          Goes on all their bows.

First thing I did when I got my new Widers is get rid of that string.

Rick

Comment

It's holding up fairly well. Buff recommended I buy their string so I did. It's not loud but seemed to take 150 shots or so to settle in. Where does one buy these BCYX strings?

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              It's holding up fairly well. Buff recommended I buy their string so I did. It's not loud but seemed to take 150 shots or so to settle in. Where does one buy these BCYX strings?

Lots of good string builders out there, that stock BCYX.
              DanielB89 (I think that's right) on here has a great reputation as a string builder. You might contact him to see what he has.

I don't use BCYX. I use Brownell's Rhino (just as good if not better than X).

When you find a builder, ask them what they have. Either of those two are great materials, but I prefer the Rhino.

Rick

Comment

Stildub on ebay is a good guy he kinda over builds his strings and they loose a little performance but super quality and really affordable. He will serve with halo which is decent I just prefer angel majesty serving.

Comment

Takin notes over here Boss.

Comment

X is all I offer for my FF option at this time. IMO, it is some great stuff, but I will confess that I have limited experience with testing other materials. I have shot D97, X, and a little bit of rhino. I made strings with them all, and it ultimately lead to me discontinuing the use of D97. Not saying it's bad stuff, but it was not as quiet as X on any bow I put it on.

Rhino and X were tick for tack imo and I didn't see a reason to swap. The main thing I like is how much smaller X is than rhino. Not saying that matters, but I prefer skinnier materials. IT allows me to amp up the strand count (if requested) and not have a fat string.

Comment

A little bit of advice I would tell people is that if you try a string and don't like it for a certain reason, try it with a different strand count. I make all of RandyM's strings for the bows he makes and he wasn't a fan of the 12 strands, but loved the 18 strands.

Comment

I make my on strings also and have been using D97 for quite a while . Maybe I should try BCY X or Rino , I build a 10 or 12 strand D 97 with 4 extra strands in the loops . What strand count would you use for BCY X OR RINO.

Comment

DanielB89 how many strands do you use to pad the loops when using X or Rino.

Comment

I use 18strands of X it's overkill but I like the way it shoots and I don't have to pad

Comment

Originally posted by Gayland Emerson View Post
                              DanielB89 how many strands do you use to pad the loops when using X or Rino.
                              My standard strings are 12 strands padded to 18, but padded with b55(much larger than X, also softer).

Comment

Working...
                              X