Beto v. Cruz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beto v. Cruz?

Maybe all the Beto hype in the media is clouding my judgement but this race is starting to make me nervous. As usual, it will all be about turnout. Even if they have an overall numerical disadvantage, the side with the most motivated supporters can give any candidate a fighting chance. Beto has a lot of money and some powerful forces behind him. I am especially worried about that big chunk of voters who are kind of in the middle and not especially committed, ideologically speaking. We all know there are a lot of people for whom a candidate's personality/likeability is the deciding factor - Cruz loses likely those votes. The race has not even really started yet so hopefully Ted can still rally the troops. My point is we better not just scoff at Beto, dismiss him and sleep on this - it looks like his momentum is building.

I will be voting and urging everyone I know to go vote. This isn't a time to be complacent.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      Maybe all the Beto hype in the media is clouding my judgement but this race is starting to make me nervous. As usual, it will all be about turnout. Even if they have an overall numerical disadvantage, the side with the most motivated supporters can give any candidate a fighting chance. Beto has a lot of money and some powerful forces behind him. I am especially worried about that big chunk of voters who are kind of in the middle and not especially committed, ideologically speaking. We all know there are a lot of people for whom a candidate's personality/likeability is the deciding factor - Cruz loses likely those votes. The race has not even really started yet so hopefully Ted can still rally the troops. My point is we better not just scoff at Beto, dismiss him and sleep on this - it looks like his momentum is building.
      I've been thinking the same. Ol' Ted better get home and put boots on the ground. My BIL from Colorado is campaigning for Robert Francis O'Rourke via phone calls, text, and emails. I already told him not to send me anything or he won't like what he gets back! While he was down visiting a couple of weeks ago I gave him some facts about O'Rouke that he had no idea about. It's the same old left wing crap he is pushing for the Mexican and progressive vote. It's funny that I knew more about his policies than he did, and he's campaigning for him! My wife asked me not to bring up politics but he started it

Comment

I have listened to Cruz on several recent interviews and I see no sign of nervousness from him. So inturn I haven't been as well. I will be voting along with encouraging friends and family members who are just keyboard warrior Republicans to go actually vote for once in their **** life.

Comment

Looking forward to these debates. I honestly didn't think Rourke would take him up on it.

Comment

I think its a mistake to give the fake mexican a big media spot light but it could show his true colors to Texans. However, I think the mere fact Cruz offered these debates is enough reason to show that there is concern on his part. How in the world did Texas get to this point..

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
              ............................How in the world did Texas get to this point..

The influx of liberals from liberal states and the influx of illegals and the support of them by their sympathizers. There’s plenty right here on the green screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am glad he decided to debate Beto. I realize it’s up to the campaigns whether to debate or not, but it is always nice to listen to candidates face off.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
                  I think its a mistake to give the fake mexican a big media spot light but it could show his true colors to Texans. However, I think the mere fact Cruz offered these debates is enough reason to show that there is concern on his part. How in the world did Texas get to this point..
                  Both name changers, and both for the opposite reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
                    I am glad he decided to debate Beto. I realize it’s up to the campaigns whether to debate or not, but it is always nice to listen to candidates face off.
                    I only see O'Rourke as benefiting, but anyone who makes their mind up on a candidate by a political debate shouldn't be voting. And, Ted wipes the floor with Robert!

Comment

People should vote if they are eligible and have right to do so legally. Casting a vote based on debate is, in my opinion, ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        The influx of liberals from liberal states and the influx of illegals and the support of them by their sympathizers. There’s plenty right here on the green screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                        Unfortunately this is the truth, last sentence included...

Comment

Jerp, Personally I've never thought Cruz was unlikable. But I get your point.
                          Folks who can't think logically or follow his reasoned arguments think he comes off as arrogant and lawyerly.
                          Not to dredge up old wounds but slanderous crap thrown at him from a certain other presidential candidate did a lot of damage to his stellar reputation even in the minds of people who agree with him on every issue.
                          Ted is a good friend to every freedom loving American and I hope people don't sit out on our side because of nasty politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                            Folks who can't think logically or follow his reasoned arguments think he comes off as arrogant and lawyerly.
                            Not to dredge up old wounds but slanderous crap thrown at him from a certain other presidential candidate did a lot of damage to his stellar reputation even in the minds of people who agree with him on every issue.
                            Ted is a good friend to every freedom loving American and I hope people don't sit out on our side because of nasty politics.
                            Good points. He has always had a lot working against him. From the get-go the media has always painted him as some kind of mean, radical loon. When first elected to the senate he charged in and immediately started trying to do exactly what he promised he would do. That made enemies of the old-line republican establishment. Then - as Gunny noted - he was treated shamefully by candidate Trump in the primaries. Then he made enemies of many hard core Trump supporters by not specifically endorsing him at the convention. ("Vote your conscience" remember that?) I like everything Ted stands for politically, I just hope he has not made so many enemies it proves to be politically fatal.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                              Agreed. He was never "unlikeable" on our side until everything "not Trump" became the devil. Cruz is one of the very few in Washington who is a statesman and actually understands and advocates for the Constitutional freedoms we all enjoy and would like to regain more of.

Comment

Working...
                              X