Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-12-2018, 11:04 PM   #1
GraceNmercy
Four Point

Hunt In: Sabine NF, Sam Houston NF, LBJ National Grasslands, Junction TX, Brackettville TX
Default Spring Turkey Lease for Youth Hunts

We have been doing youth turkey hunts for years in south Texas up until unforeseen situation with our connect came up, and we unable to hold the hunt this past spring for the first time in 7 or 8 years.

We're now seeking another ranch where the landowner/manager is more focused on deer and exotic hunts rather than turkey hunts, and wouldn't mind allowing us to bring a few kids up to hunt each spring. I often see a lot of landowners who are over run with birds and consider them a nuisance, so hopefully I can find someone like that to work with us. The previous landowner allowed us to take up to 20 kids each spring, but if we can find somewhere that we can at least get 5-10 kids hunting we'd be grateful.

Early this year we came across someone who offered to lease 360 acres to our NWTF chapter to do a few youth hunts for $1000 for the spring season, but of course it was last minute and we'd already geared up for other planned youth spring activities. We'd talked to him about leasing it for spring 2019, but we're assuming that he may have went ahead and leased it out as we've not heard back from him and are now starting to plan for our spring youth events.

We'd hope to find someone who could donate the youth turkey hunts, but we are even willing to pay the landowner what we can afford to pay as any funds we will be able to pay will be form donations and a small amount of chapter funds. If anyone can help us out please send me an IM. Thanks a lot..
GraceNmercy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top