"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unionmade482 View Post
    sounds like a party,ill be showing up with gun and bow haha,if its nice out the bow will be out,if not still got the shotgun
    I dont think u can hunt with guns out there for hogs unless ur duck hunting

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
      I know the odds are very slim, but fun to try a new style of hunting for a new species in a new area. Plus there should be hogs too, with nowhere near the pressure of Granger.
      Very true about the pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_bowhunter37 View Post
        I dont think u can hunt with guns out there for hogs unless ur duck hunting
        You can't hunt hogs with a gun period. Also I think its illegal to hunt with a bow and a gun (shotgun or otherwise) at the same time. Not sure what the rule is if their is a hunter with each in a party.

Comment

I know about that why I added the part about duck hunting thinkinh he was going to leace the,gun in tbe truck

Comment

I think unionmade is talking about hunting small game (i.e. rabbits) with a shotgun and bringing his bow in case he gets on a hog. I'm not sure if it's legal to carry both at the same time however.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
              Yes but..... Don't put anything out there you are not willing to give away. The thieves are running crazy out there.
              I know what you mean. I had my Primos popup and chair stolen out at Geogetown this year. I went to hunt the last weekend and all that was there was my brush and empty bottle of Buck candy and scent away.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                Granger is a mad house today. Hunters everywhere. I called it quits.
                Hey JK, by the sounds of it, it was you that me and my daughter ran into and talked for a bit..on Sunday. Good chatting w/ you.

Agree, it was crowded. After talking w/ you, we made a beeline out of there and went to walk a couple other different areas. Didn't run into anymore hunters, but had to dodge some birdwatchers and a flotilla of early white bass hopefulls.

Comment

Originally posted by Endo View Post
                  Hey JK, by the sounds of it, it was you that me and my daughter ran into and talked for a bit..on Sunday. Good chatting w/ you.

Agree, it was crowded. After talking w/ you, we made a beeline out of there and went to walk a couple other different areas. Didn't run into anymore hunters, but had to dodge some birdwatchers and a flotilla of early white bass hopefulls.

Keep at it. Hit up the area where we met, they are there, just have to be there at the right time/pressure period.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                    If its not crazy hot... Ill be hunting. We can meet up if us like
                    Let me know where and what time you want to meet up on sat

Comment

hey guys,i wasnt meanin ill be hog hunting with shotgun
                      more like small game(rabbits,squirrel)...i only hunt hog with a bow

Comment

has any body tried to put up a tree stand out there,i seen some places that i mite work..,
                        but i dont know if its really worth it

Comment

Wouldnt put up one thats worth much.seen plenty out there but also read lots of posts about stuff getting stolen

Comment

i hear ya,i just got one at academy for 20$,that a member had posted..so it shouldnt be that big of a deal
                            but it still cost some thing lol

Comment

Originally posted by unionmade482 View Post
                              i hear ya,i just got one at academy for 20$,that a member had posted..so it shouldnt be that big of a deal
                              but it still cost some thing lol
                              $20....really. link?

Comment

i dont know the link, but its at the round rock academy
                                they had like 10 when i went...back part for hunting department next to the decoys

Comment

Working...
                                X