No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good night tonight, one of the best years so far. will be hunting hard before the Heli shoot, anyone know what days?

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
      good night tonight, one of the best years so far. will be hunting hard before the Heli shoot, anyone know what days?

I just sent a email to Johnny. As soon as he gets back to me I post up.

Comment

I am new to bow hunting hogs at this location and would love to get one down before the helishoot. I would appreciate any info.

Thanks Mike

Comment

jan 31st-feb 4th

Comment

finally found the pigs on number 6,didnt get a kill but at least were seeing pigs again,primitive camp area aint so good now with the new fence,might get mighty hungry feb 25th

Comment

Thanks for the dates Paintman. Everybody better get their hunts in.

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                jan 31st-feb 4th
                How do you guys think the heli-shoot is going to effect GRXH?

Congrats on the sow Chris.

Comment

It affects it 100%, the hog hunting is no where close to as good after the heli shoot. As i say every year, its sad that it takes place. I know why they do it, but I dont have to agree.
                  The Ranger hunt is still fun though, more about being there with fellow blood brothers than hunting hogs.

Comment

jan 31st-feb 4th
                    Does anyone know if they did it for a week last year? that seems alot longer. It seems they did it for two days and if the weather was bad they moved it to the next week.
                    Im hoping for a hurricane that week lol

Comment

Does anyone know if they did it for a week last year? that seems alot longer. It seems they did it for two days and if the weather was bad they moved it to the next week.
                      Im hoping for a hurricane that week lol

Johnny Just emailed me that the start date is Feb 3rd. He didn't say how long.

Comment

The idea of being ultra restrictive with access and weapons usage re hunters/hunting in the Granger WMA so as to limit unnecessarily the sportsman's take and then forking over same sportsman's tax dollars to fund helishoots to let carcasses rot in the sun and reduce same sportsman's chances for a successful hunt in return for their $48 APH Permit dough to appease landownwers is silly. Interesting...you hike around the borders of the WMA and you see all kinds of hog traps across the fence on the private land side replete with all the usual threatening no-hunting/trespassing signs...and then you hear them complain of the hog nuisance on public news stations and read about it in the papers about the poor, poor folks hog troubles ...but let's not let anybody hunt a hog on their place for less than a few hundred bucks , and surely let's grouse if a hunter wants access PAST the property to get to the WMA, or heaven forbid use a shortrange firearm (while happily okaying helishooting in the exact same areas, go figure)....like Crod I also understand their logic in this but I also respectfully disagree with it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bubba's bulletman View Post
                          Johnny Just emailed me that the start date is Feb 3rd. He didn't say how long.
                          Guessing it will be 2 days, i dont see them closing everything off for the fisherman during the weekend.

I agree idaho.

Lets hope for bad weather.

Comment

finally found the pigs on number 6,didnt get a kill but at least were seeing pigs again,primitive camp area aint so good now with the new fence,might get mighty hungry feb 25th
                            What kind of new fence and where? That would totally mess with my hunting strategy for the months the corn is up and it's hot - if the pigs couldn't get back down into the thick WMA stuff and water holes/wallows from the corn fields after daybreak. I basically stalked the borders along the old fence that did exist there (a VERY "holey" one) and ambush the pigs coming back in from the neighboring fields. Some of those gaping holes in the existing fence were like hog superhighways leading right down to bedding/wallowing/watering areas...PLEASE don't tell me they've cut off those "funnels"....arrghh..they didn't, did they???

Comment

Ohhh lots of new fence, our license dollars at work. Hogs will have a tough time getting under it.

Comment

Guessing it will be 2 days, i dont see them closing everything off for the fisherman during the weekend.

I agree idaho.

Lets hope for bad weather.
                                Here's hopin' and praying for bad weather then

Comment

Working...
                                X