Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-16-2018, 08:51 PM   #1
txpitdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Polk Co., TX & La Flore Co., OK
Default Stack-On Ammo Cabinet

Thought I’d do a quick product review in case anyone has been considering or needs something to keep their ammo in.

Bought this at Cabelas yesterday with 10% off and used Cabela’s VISA points to pay for it. Shell and door come pre-assembled and you have to put in the shelves. The cabinet (NOT a safe) advertises that it will hold up to 75lbs on each shelf, and although it is made of sheet metal, it does seem sturdy enough for holding the weight of a lot of ammo. The shelves are reinforced with a center rib to prevent/minimize flexing under the weight. The unit is predrilled to be mounted to the floor and wall, but an 8yr old with a stick from the front yard could pry open the door, so I don’t see why you’d bother anchoring it to anything.

Capacity is impressive. It will easily hold 12 bucket o’ bullets in the bottom with room for additional boxes. I’ve got nearly 3 cases of shotgun shells on the next shelf. In the top I have 1000rds 556 on one side (with room to stack another 1000) and a lot of rifle ammo on the other.

On one hand, this thing ain’t worth the $180 list price. On the other, it has a lot of capacity and if you have points or some other discount to get it down to less than $100, totally worth it. Aft unboxing it, I realized I could’ve made something myself out of 1/8 or 3/16 plate, but it will work well, and I like having my ammo organized and not in the garage or cluttering up my safe.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/STAC...ET/2045265.uts
txpitdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top