Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2018, 09:24 AM   #1
BaseKAM36
Four Point
 
BaseKAM36's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Austin
Hunt In: central Texas
Default AntlerMax or RecordRack? or other types of Protein

What is better? AntlerMax or RecordRack? or other types of Protein?
BaseKAM36 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:30 AM   #2
Hoss163
Ten Point
 
Hoss163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Abilene tx
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

I bet nobody will say double down lol
Hoss163 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:36 AM   #3
LukeDuke
Ten Point
 
LukeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denton County
Hunt In: Texas, Kansas, Louisiana
Default

Do a taste test and go with what your deer like the best!

It won't help them if they don't eat it, and the big brands measure out about the same on criteria that matter.
LukeDuke is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
Bisch
Pope & Young
 
Bisch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sonora, Tx
Default

Lysse&Eckel is about as good as it gets. I use Antler Plus out here in Sonora because there is no L&E close. The deer eat the Antler Plus plenty fast enough!!!!!

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bisch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:42 AM   #5
TX_Kevin
Pope & Young
 
TX_Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bryan, TX
Hunt In: Edwards County
Default

Record Rack, because my neighbor is a rep for them.
TX_Kevin is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #6
BolilloLoco
Ten Point
 
BolilloLoco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Washington County & Harris County
Default

Been feeding AntlerMax since 2007.
BolilloLoco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:51 AM   #7
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default

The cheapest one with the most protein......
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #8
BolilloLoco
Ten Point
 
BolilloLoco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Washington County & Harris County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
The cheapest one with the most protein......
The words "Cheap" and "Protein" do not belong in the same sentence together.
BolilloLoco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 10:30 AM   #9
Mike Murphey
Pope & Young
 
Mike Murphey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Deer Park, Texas
Hunt In: Fort McKavett, Texas
Default

You will get a hundred different answers to this question...all proteins are not the same...the Ag dept only requires certain items that need to be on the packages so that is all you will find, but there are more minerals and such that each manufacturer adds to their blend. I can tell you first hand just because the deer are eating it fast doesn't mean that they are getting the most out of it. Some of the folks have opinions on the proteins out there but they might not know all the answers.
Talk to the folks that make the protein. If they won't spend time answering your questions don't buy it.
I know that L/E will have Ronnie or Charles, talk to you and they will also provide a biologist to come to your place and talk to you about your habitat on your place you have or are hunting. That's customer service to me....
Mike Murphey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 10:35 AM   #10
BaseKAM36
Four Point
 
BaseKAM36's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Austin
Hunt In: central Texas
Default

im using record rack but I've heard a multitude of different things about different proteins. Im just wondering if one is different from others.
BaseKAM36 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 10:36 AM   #11
BaseKAM36
Four Point
 
BaseKAM36's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Austin
Hunt In: central Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murphey View Post
You will get a hundred different answers to this question...all proteins are not the same...the Ag dept only requires certain items that need to be on the packages so that is all you will find, but there are more minerals and such that each manufacturer adds to their blend. I can tell you first hand just because the deer are eating it fast doesn't mean that they are getting the most out of it. Some of the folks have opinions on the proteins out there but they might not know all the answers.
Talk to the folks that make the protein. If they won't spend time answering your questions don't buy it.
I know that L/E will have Ronnie or Charles, talk to you and they will also provide a biologist to come to your place and talk to you about your habitat on your place you have or are hunting. That's customer service to me....
Thank you.
BaseKAM36 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #12
PYBUCK
Ten Point
 
PYBUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rankin, Tx
Hunt In: Upton County
Default

Antlers plus 20% here.
PYBUCK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 11:34 AM   #13
whitetailfanatic
Pope & Young
 
whitetailfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Default

I don't think I will ever protein feed again until I one day own land of my own,corn only.
fed Antlermax at one time but stopped
whitetailfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 11:40 AM   #14
6.5 shooter
Eight Point
 
6.5 shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default

What ever you use, they say you should swap out your protein every 4-5 years so your deer don’t plateau out.
6.5 shooter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 11:50 AM   #15
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

L&E




Cottonseed is cheaper and as good or better than any protein pellet. IMO
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 11:52 AM   #16
Briar Friar
Ten Point
 
Briar Friar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Texas
Hunt In: San Gabriel, Colorado and Rio Grande watersheds
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murphey View Post
You will get a hundred different answers to this question...all proteins are not the same...the Ag dept only requires certain items that need to be on the packages so that is all you will find, but there are more minerals and such that each manufacturer adds to their blend. I can tell you first hand just because the deer are eating it fast doesn't mean that they are getting the most out of it. Some of the folks have opinions on the proteins out there but they might not know all the answers.
Talk to the folks that make the protein. If they won't spend time answering your questions don't buy it.
I know that L/E will have Ronnie or Charles, talk to you and they will also provide a biologist to come to your place and talk to you about your habitat on your place you have or are hunting. That's customer service to me....
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 11:55 AM   #17
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Roasted soybeans. 16% protein and they will eat them year-round.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 12:06 PM   #18
BaseKAM36
Four Point
 
BaseKAM36's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Austin
Hunt In: central Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
Roasted soybeans. 16% protein and they will eat them year-round.
Where can you find these at?
BaseKAM36 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 12:24 PM   #19
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Cottonseed is cheaper and as good or better than any protein pellet. IMO
If you can find it. Id love to feed it if I could find it between tomball and crockett
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #20
bakin7005
Eight Point
 
bakin7005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: North Richland Hills
Hunt In: Oklahoma / San Saba Co.
Default

I can say that I tried both and it APPEARS as though the like the Antler Max better. Prolly cause it was $2 more per bag where I get it!
bakin7005 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 01:38 PM   #21
DamonJ
Pope & Young
 
DamonJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NRH, TX
Hunt In: McMullen County
Default

Who has the best prices on Antler Max, L&E or even DD south of San Antonio?
DamonJ is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 01:38 PM   #22
rladner
Pope & Young
 
rladner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Coppell
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
Roasted soybeans. 16% protein and they will eat them year-round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseKAM36 View Post
Where can you find these at?
x2
rladner is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 01:47 PM   #23
Thwackdaddy
Ten Point
 
Thwackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Baytown, Texas
Hunt In: Lampasas County, Medina/Kerr Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
Roasted soybeans. 16% protein and they will eat them year-round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseKAM36 View Post
Where can you find these at?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rladner View Post
x2

We also feed the roasted soybean/corn mix out of free choice feeders as well as well. We buy ours at Waller Rice Drier in Waller. I just stop by on the way to the ranch and load it in the truck and head out.

We use the blend that is 20% ÖÖÖÖ..we can get it mixed from 16% ($9 and some change per bag) up to 22% ($12 and some change per bag)

The 20% costs us $10.80 per bag I believe
Thwackdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 01:58 PM   #24
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseKAM36 View Post
Where can you find these at?
I get mine in Diboll at Pouland’s feed store. I asked them to keep some in stock. Your local feed store can get it for you. You can use it in free choice or a timed feeder. What I like about it is I do not have to worry about is a feeder full of protein when the deer stop hitting it in late summer. And, it does not turn to mush when it is humid. Plus, it also makes for great hand corning. I use the corn/soybean mix.

The only way I would go back to regular protein is if I could no longer find this.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 02:09 PM   #25
nimrodajh
Ten Point
 
nimrodajh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lufkin, Tx
Hunt In: Anywhere with legal access
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisch View Post
Lysse&Eckel is about as good as it gets. I use Antler Plus out here in Sonora because there is no L&E close. The deer eat the Antler Plus plenty fast enough!!!!!

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This^^

We use antlers plus 20% in East Texas because its always in stock don't like to change it up. Not sure if it even matters anymore they eat it so fast.

I use Lesse & Eckel in San Saba and they clean them out just as fast.
nimrodajh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 02:52 PM   #26
Bowhica
Ten Point
 
Bowhica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Magnolia/Richmond, Texas
Hunt In: Llano-ish
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
L&E




Cottonseed is cheaper and as good or better than any protein pellet. IMO
I have a hard time getting the cottonseed to throw out of the feeder. I think I'm going to add some pea gravel to help move the cotton seeds down the funnel. Even then, it clogs up in the varmint cage.


Lysse&Eckel's for me out in the Llano area. We have good forbes and browse on the ranch, so supplementing is only for rack growth and healthier fawns/doe. Hoping for a mega fawn one day!! This is our 2nd year on L/E and wow.
Bowhica is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #27
Jerikson
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bryan, TX
Default

Doesn't matter how good a ration you have if they won't eat it. Do side by side trials and let the deer tell you with consistent palatability. At Record Rack we do research to find out what they eat in the wild and formulate our feeds accordingly along with a berry scent they can't resist. Higher fat is always a good option to put body condition on then they'll put bone on top.

Always here to answer questions and make ranch calls to help grow better deer. Give us a call and let us know how we can help. Take the Record Rack challenge with a free bag at your local dealer.

Jared Erikson
Record Rack Deer Feed
Jerikson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 04:22 PM   #28
Mike Murphey
Pope & Young
 
Mike Murphey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Deer Park, Texas
Hunt In: Fort McKavett, Texas
Default

You can buy L/E at their Poth, Texas, or George West location...check their web site and you can see where their dealers are....
Mike Murphey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 06:43 PM   #29
TX_Kevin
Pope & Young
 
TX_Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bryan, TX
Hunt In: Edwards County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerikson View Post
Doesn't matter how good a ration you have if they won't eat it. Do side by side trials and let the deer tell you with consistent palatability. At Record Rack we do research to find out what they eat in the wild and formulate our feeds accordingly along with a berry scent they can't resist. Higher fat is always a good option to put body condition on then they'll put bone on top.

Always here to answer questions and make ranch calls to help grow better deer. Give us a call and let us know how we can help. Take the Record Rack challenge with a free bag at your local dealer.

Jared Erikson
Record Rack Deer Feed
See, that is what I was thinking...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
TX_Kevin is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 06:59 PM   #30
rladner
Pope & Young
 
rladner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Coppell
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrodajh View Post
This^^

We use antlers plus 20% in East Texas because its always in stock don't like to change it up. Not sure if it even matters anymore they eat it so fast.

I use Lesse & Eckel in San Saba and they clean them out just as fast.
Where do you buy in San Saba?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
rladner is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 07:15 PM   #31
Fordnandez
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Junction, TX
Default

I am a fan of LE also. I know that is not what you asked but my deer love it and it is 2-3 bucks cheaper than antler max.
Fordnandez is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #32
BuckySWT
Ten Point
 
BuckySWT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Braunfels, TX
Hunt In: Menard County
Default

We get ours at Behrendís in Lukenbach...their stuff.
Deer are hammering it.
BuckySWT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 08:23 PM   #33
TKK
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

Truth of the matter is there is not the thickness of a dime in difference between all these top quality proteins = all in all you cannot go wrong with any of them = many a big deer has been grown over the years off of each of the top end protein feeds on the market
TKK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:16 PM   #34
Fordnandez
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Junction, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKK View Post
Truth of the matter is there is not the thickness of a dime in difference between all these top quality proteins = all in all you cannot go wrong with any of them = many a big deer has been grown over the years off of each of the top end protein feeds on the market
I agree. Find something your deer like, that is readily available in your area and is in your budget.
Fordnandez is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:29 PM   #35
deerwatcher51
Ten Point
 
deerwatcher51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Brenham & Richland Springs
Hunt In: Richland Springs & Washington on the Brazos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladner View Post
Where do you buy in San Saba?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Cen-Tex in Richland Springs has L&E, Also the L&E store in Llano.
deerwatcher51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:33 PM   #36
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhica View Post
I have a hard time getting the cottonseed to throw out of the feeder. I think I'm going to add some pea gravel to help move the cotton seeds down the funnel. Even then, it clogs up in the varmint cage.


Lysse&Eckel's for me out in the Llano area. We have good forbes and browse on the ranch, so supplementing is only for rack growth and healthier fawns/doe. Hoping for a mega fawn one day!! This is our 2nd year on L/E and wow.


If you fed cottonseed you wouldn't need those feeders and varmit cages.
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:35 PM   #37
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 10:24 PM   #38
nimrodajh
Ten Point
 
nimrodajh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lufkin, Tx
Hunt In: Anywhere with legal access
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladner View Post
Where do you buy in San Saba?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Sorry I should clarify, itís actually in Richland Springs at Cen-Tex feed. Just started using it this past year but theyíve had it every time Iíve been to fill.
nimrodajh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 10:36 PM   #39
rladner
Pope & Young
 
rladner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Coppell
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrodajh View Post
Sorry I should clarify, itís actually in Richland Springs at Cen-Tex feed. Just started using it this past year but theyíve had it every time Iíve been to fill.
Thats the one off of 190 just east of 45 right? The one that is also a dance hall

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
rladner is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 10:44 PM   #40
nimrodajh
Ten Point
 
nimrodajh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lufkin, Tx
Hunt In: Anywhere with legal access
Default

Ha! Yes that’s the one. One stop shopping for sure.
nimrodajh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 10:03 AM   #41
BaseKAM36
Four Point
 
BaseKAM36's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Austin
Hunt In: central Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
probably a dumb question but is that bagged cotton seed?
BaseKAM36 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 10:14 AM   #42
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
L&E




Cottonseed is cheaper and as good or better than any protein pellet. IMO
And, 4 out of 4 hogs agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMVqt8328S0
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 10:34 AM   #43
Peyton
Pope & Young
 
Peyton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Corsicana
Hunt In: Carrizo Springs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss163 View Post
I bet nobody will say double down lol


Double Down! 🤪
Peyton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 10:38 AM   #44
Daddy D
Six Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerikson View Post
Doesn't matter how good a ration you have if they won't eat it. Do side by side trials and let the deer tell you with consistent palatability. At Record Rack we do research to find out what they eat in the wild and formulate our feeds accordingly along with a berry scent they can't resist. Higher fat is always a good option to put body condition on then they'll put bone on top.

Always here to answer questions and make ranch calls to help grow better deer. Give us a call and let us know how we can help. Take the Record Rack challenge with a free bag at your local dealer.

Jared Erikson
Record Rack Deer Feed
Jared, did y'all recently change any of the contents in your feed? We have been exclusively feeding record rack 20 in our pastures for 11 straight years. And this year around December we noticed a different smell and texture in the feed, and subsequently a big drop off in consumption. It's been 6 months and our deer still aren't hitting the feeders like normal. We've got 10-11 years of data (i have always filled the feeders myself), so I know how hard they hit the feeders and how long it takes em to empty. Been scratching our heads and wondering what could've caused them to stop eating it? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.
Daddy D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 10:40 AM   #45
Clark
Ten Point
 
Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Collingsworth Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolilloLoco View Post
The words "Cheap" and "Protein" do not belong in the same sentence together.
Yes they do.

Feed the cheapest protein that your deer will eat.
Tuthdoc taught us that.
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 10:42 AM   #46
rladner
Pope & Young
 
rladner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Coppell
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
I get mine in Diboll at Poulandís feed store. I asked them to keep some in stock. Your local feed store can get it for you. You can use it in free choice or a timed feeder. What I like about it is I do not have to worry about is a feeder full of protein when the deer stop hitting it in late summer. And, it does not turn to mush when it is humid. Plus, it also makes for great hand corning. I use the corn/soybean mix.

The only way I would go back to regular protein is if I could no longer find this.
is it a corn/soybean mix or pure roasted soybeans?

Thanks
rladner is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #47
Peyton
Pope & Young
 
Peyton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Corsicana
Hunt In: Carrizo Springs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy D View Post
Jared, did y'all recently change any of the contents in your feed? We have been exclusively feeding record rack 20 in our pastures for 11 straight years. And this year around December we noticed a different smell and texture in the feed, and subsequently a big drop off in consumption. It's been 6 months and our deer still aren't hitting the feeders like normal. We've got 10-11 years of data (i have always filled the feeders myself), so I know how hard they hit the feeders and how long it takes em to empty. Been scratching our heads and wondering what could've caused them to stop eating it? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.


This is why I stopped feeding Record Rack. Their ingredients change depending on the market price of commodities to protect their PROFIT. If a feed isnít consistent, deer wonít eat consistently.
Peyton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 11:03 AM   #48
jimmyneutrontx
Ten Point
 
jimmyneutrontx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Magnolia, Tx
Hunt In: Brady, Tx
Default

In


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jimmyneutrontx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 12:32 PM   #49
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseKAM36 View Post
probably a dumb question but is that bagged cotton seed?


Yes and yes





I buy it in bulk, but took a pic of a bag for reference
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 02:00 PM   #50
Daddy D
Six Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton View Post
This is why I stopped feeding Record Rack. Their ingredients change depending on the market price of commodities to protect their PROFIT. If a feed isnít consistent, deer wonít eat consistently.
What's wild is that for 11 years they've eaten it very very consistently on our place (to the tune of $45-50k per year). This would be the first time I can remember any sort of drop in consumption. But whatever it was that changed in December has really changed consumption. I'm pretty bummed about it.
Daddy D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com