Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-16-2018, 09:54 AM   #201
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Hunt In: Barnum (Polk County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlers86 View Post
You act as if I'm going in to whoop his arse. I know how to approach and handle a situation man to man. I won't be alone and a simple explanation for his actions is all I need. Depending on what they are I will notify sheriff and he can also give him a visit for warning. Happens again and he won't like me!
I wasn’t necessarily inferring that it was going to be him that had his arse kicked. Read Bakin7005’s post.... he is dead on in terms of your inquisition results. Dude either tells truth and basically says “screw you” I was casing your place or lies and says he was looking for something or just simply claims he wasn’t on your property. Now you are standing there in his front yard on his property and the testosterone starts to flow (since you are either being lied to or or being told to screw off) and historically good men make poor decisions when levels of testosterone reach certain levels.

I remain in on this thread.
Anvilheadtexas is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:57 AM   #202
3DW5
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon Co, Jim Hogg and Starr Co.

Going by this evening after work???
3DW5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:59 AM   #203
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
I wasn’t necessarily inferring that it was going to be him that had his arse kicked. Read Bakin7005’s post.... he is dead on in terms of your inquisition results. Dude either tells truth and basically says “screw you” I was casing your place or lies and says he was looking for something or just simply claims he wasn’t on your property. Now you are standing there in his front yard on his property and the testosterone starts to flow (since you are either being lied to or or being told to screw off) and historically good men make poor decisions when levels of testosterone reach certain levels.

I remain in on this thread.
I hear ya! I like Pervis comment and will most likely do a Civilian Standby.
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:59 AM   #204
TexasTealHunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: North / Central Texas

Be careful if you do not involve officer. Never know, but someone who is willing to trespass may make a stupid decision to a guy confronting him about it especially if he feels threatened. I would get sheriff on board like mentioned above just to be safe.

I just now saw the above so you are already on top of it, civilian stand will be fun maybe try and video the encounter.... Be like an episode of cops ha ha

Last edited by TexasTealHunter; 05-16-2018 at 10:01 AM.
TexasTealHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:59 AM   #205
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DW5 View Post
Going by this evening after work???
That's the plan!
Old 05-16-2018, 10:00 AM   #206
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
Be careful if you do not involve officer. Never know, but someone who is willing to trespass may make a stupid decision to a guy confronting him about it especially if he feels threatened. I would get sheriff on board like mentioned above just to be safe.
I plan to do so!
Old 05-16-2018, 10:07 AM   #207
BolilloLoco
Ten Point

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Washington County & Harris County

Way to control yourself OP.
I would already be in jail.
BolilloLoco is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 10:15 AM   #208
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

The man needs some Buckmasters in his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 10:16 AM   #209
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Quote:
This is what gets me. The guy lives 100 yds from FM road that runs to town. He has to just be up to no good cruising back roads past my place weekly. Checking things out and seeing what he can get by with.
Prolly checking his weed crop
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #210
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Quote:
I've got binos in the truck. I'm turning around and seeing what decals and license plates I can make out.
Please post the plate. I want to know how close the TBH CSI crime lab got with its majik image enhancing tool.
35remington is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 10:18 AM   #211
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Knee Deep Salty Water

Be careful with the Vets, especially Purple Heart guys, the ones I know with those plates don't play around, both have mental issues. Glad you located him, good luck getting resolution.
Rack Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #212
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

This thread has pulled me in...

OP.... here is my thought on how an alternative strategy might work. I’m being serious. What we know now is the following: 1) he was on your land and 2) he turned off game cameras and snooped around (which enables us to fairly accurately conclude his intentions were not good), 3) you now know who he is 4) he lives very close to you. We can also assume that he does not know you have a picture of his truck and he has no idea that he was “caught” (unless he is on TBH). Might it be a better strategy to take your dossier to the sheriff and explain to the sheriff that you aren’t happy with the situation but for now hold back on the personal confrontation. With the information you have on this guy you currently have the upper hand. Going to war with a nearby dirtbag neighbor is never the best idea . If the trespasser is the kind of person we think he is your personal confrontation is essentially a declaration of war.

Instead of solving this issue head-on “bear style” take it from the side a la “fox mode”. Just a thought. We won’t take your man card if you go this route.

And this is not implying that you do nothing . Keep the game cameras up and if he comes back then at that point you have leverage with the sheriff to get involved immediately .
Old 05-16-2018, 10:44 AM   #213
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Quote:
Might it be a better strategy to take your dossier to the sheriff and explain to the sheriff that you aren’t happy with the situation but for now hold back on the personal confrontation. With the information you have on this guy you currently have the upper hand. Going to war with a nearby dirtbag neighbor is never the best idea . If the trespasser is the kind of person we think he is your personal confrontation is essentially a declaration of war.
I completely agree. If you screw this up you will worry about the safety of your family forever. These are the kind of people whose family members retaliate.
35remington is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 11:11 AM   #214
Calfroper81
Six Point

Hunt In: Hempstead & Mexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
In for the outcome. I'll chip in for bail money.
X2
Calfroper81 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 11:19 AM   #215
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Some good advice. I'll keep y'all posted. Making a phone call shortly to discuss with Sgt.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:19 AM   #216
Worksalot
Six Point

Quote:
This thread has pulled me in...

OP.... here is my thought on how an alternative strategy might work. I’m being serious. What we know now is the following: 1) he was on your land and 2) he turned off game cameras and snooped around (which enables us to fairly accurately conclude his intentions were not good), 3) you now know who he is 4) he lives very close to you. We can also assume that he does not know you have a picture of his truck and he has no idea that he was “caught” (unless he is on TBH). Might it be a better strategy to take your dossier to the sheriff and explain to the sheriff that you aren’t happy with the situation but for now hold back on the personal confrontation. With the information you have on this guy you currently have the upper hand. Going to war with a nearby dirtbag neighbor is never the best idea . If the trespasser is the kind of person we think he is your personal confrontation is essentially a declaration of war.

Instead of solving this issue head-on “bear style” take it from the side a la “fox mode”. Just a thought. We won’t take your man card if you go this route.

And this is not implying that you do nothing . Keep the game cameras up and if he comes back then at that point you have leverage with the sheriff to get involved immediately .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
I completely agree. If you screw this up you will worry about the safety of your family forever. These are the kind of people whose family members retaliate.
Completely agree as well. Without going into very specific details, I have experience with this sort of thing. And it involved two veterans who are thugs. They caused all kinds of trouble and even with me involving Several members of LE to help, it didn’t stop the progression of events. It turned very, very ugly and I was never the aggressor.
Worksalot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 11:39 AM   #217
Thayden2
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
It literally states in the penal code "Property of another"

Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:

(1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or

(2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.

(b) For purposes of this section:

(1) "Entry" means the intrusion of the entire body.

(2) "Notice" means:

(A) oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;

(B) fencing or other enclosure obviously designed to exclude intruders or to contain livestock;

(C) a sign or signs posted on the property or at the entrance to the building, reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, indicating that entry is forbidden;
Good detective work there, but on another note... Am I the only one that couldn't read the red here? First it started with blue neon signs and now this. I must be getting old. Not in my 60's, driving around others property, veteran old though.
Thayden2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 11:42 AM   #218
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayden2 View Post
Good detective work there, but on another note... Am I the only one that couldn't read the red here? First it started with blue neon signs and now this. I must be getting old. Not in my 60's, driving around others property, veteran old though.
I have no idea what you are talking about.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 11:58 AM   #219
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Open to Offers

The way I see it, since you've made it pubic knowledge you are probably better off to get the sheriff involved now. Bad thing is, nowadays they don't do much. Once you tell them of your intentions to confront the guy, they will probably tell you not to take matters into your hand and to let them handle it. Then after 6 months of calling the sheriff assigned to the case and getting no satisfaction, you'll just give up. At least that's how they work here in Brazoria county.
Hoggslayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 12:21 PM   #220
sbushee
Ten Point

Hunt In: Schleicher County

He’ll be warned for criminal trespass is my guess and that if he does it again he will
Be arrested for it. Hope it turns out ok for you.

Another thing. He has red and blue lights on his truck. That in itself is illegal. His truck isn’t an emergency vehicle. (Just a side note)
sbushee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 12:32 PM   #221
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Ive just been reading.

But I felt like adding today. I set a camera on one of our gates at the end of January at the request of my dad. He wanted to see if the oil field guys were using the road when it was wet even though they assured us they weren't. Month later I pull the camera and got a entire crew of trucks coming and going.

They opened the gate once and never closed it.

That is what set me off. I was able to read the plates and the company logo on the trucks. I emailed the 'contact us' on the company website and gave great detail of the trucks, equipment and the drivers. I included my name and phone number along with pops. Within about 3 minutes of hitting send my phone rang. The HDIC charge called me and we had about a 30 minute conversation. He asked if there were any ruts that needed to be fixed and apologized for his crew. He saved my number and I saved his.

There was no screaming and hollering and he assured me it wouldn't happen again as a business owner and fellow landowner.

I was happy with the outcome.
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #222
Scotty7
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Llano County

I'm fairly new to TBH, but ****, this thread sure is interesting!
FWIW: I'd be taking a totally different approach considering the close proximity to your home, and family...... Trying not to kick a potential hornets nest, you can always approach the guy, introduce yourself and explain that your camera's picked him up on your property on this date, at this time etc. etc. - this will confirm that you have proof and not just BS'ing the situation. Take a card with your name and phone number and explain that if he needs access to your property again, you'd appreciate a call as a heads up first. By taking this approach you're letting him know you have surveillance on your property, you know he was there, and he now know's you are "watching".

I completely understand your frustration, and I know I'd be ****** about someone trespassing on my property too, but the fact it's a 'neighbor' would change my approach - I like to sleep at night, and not fear for my family's well being when I'm not present.

Anyway, good luck, and lets hope cooler heads prevail.
Scotty7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #223
Thayden2
Four Point

Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about.
I see what you did there. I think...
Thayden2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 12:54 PM   #224
EastTexasMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas

Don't listen to these guys, go get suited up with some brass knuckles just in case and let's do thissssssss

Charge!!!!
EastTexasMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 01:01 PM   #225
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
Don't listen to these guys, go get suited up with some brass knuckles just in case and let's do thissssssss

Charge!!!!
I already got the taste of blood, there's no going back now.

We wont give pause until the blood is flowing.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 01:06 PM   #226
EastTexasMan
Ten Point

Quote:
I already got the taste of blood, there's no going back now.

We wont give pause until the blood is flowing.
Roy D. Mercer wouldn't put up with this ****!
Old 05-16-2018, 01:08 PM   #227
sotol
Four Point

Quote:
I can and I will. Why wait though for the next time. I have a name. He will be getting a visit from me properly without me trespassing. He may just get a phone call!

To top it off the name came from someone here who knows the truck and guy! TBH at it's best!
Maybe the TBH that gave him up is him.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
sotol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 01:17 PM   #228
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Being told to hold back! Now that he is identified that is the best position to be in as of now. Sheriff can't do anything unless subject is on the property. As far as Civilian Standby they do not allow it in this jurisdiction. Other suspicious activity is going on as well and tying the 2 together is a possibility. I'm frustrated but not at a level I can't control. Video surveillance is out and always will be. Sounded like they were going to focus on something else nearby over the next week.

I'll just have to see how the cards play out for me to hold back or not.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:18 PM   #229
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotol View Post
Maybe the TBH that gave him up is him.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
No. TBHr that gave him up is a good friend.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:49 PM   #230
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post

Charge!!!!
You are new to this thread. With a handle like EastTexasMan and your bellicose suggestions, would it be too much if we asked to see a picture of your truck and your left elbow?
Old 05-16-2018, 02:10 PM   #231
BolilloLoco
Ten Point

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Washington County & Harris County

Dang. This has taken a turn for the worst.
This guy was not only driving around on your property like he owned the place. But he took the time to stop, get out of the truck and turn off your cameras. Completely unacceptable. He's just going to turn around and laugh after you give him a warning (which will probably initiate a retaliation anyways). I wouldn't care what the sheriff was investigating. That is just my opinion.
BolilloLoco is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 02:29 PM   #232
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

Quote:
You are new to this thread. With a handle like EastTexasMan and your bellicose suggestions, would it be too much if we asked to see a picture of your truck and your left elbow?

The plot thickens

AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 03:22 PM   #233
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie

Quote:
Lmao!
Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 03:28 PM   #234
EastTexasMan
Ten Point

Quote:
Sure thing boss. I got 2 trucks I drive, depending on my mood. See below. I keep ole Roy D. Mercer blaring, he's what every man should be.
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2018, 03:28 PM   #235
CabezaBlanca
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado County

In for the outcome on this.
CabezaBlanca is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 03:29 PM   #236
tdwinklr
Six Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laner7 View Post
Had a similar issue on our place. 1st off be careful if you approach him the guy we caught was hot headed & throwing his hands up at us until my brother pulled the gun out and I took his guns out of his truck. The guy did get charged with criminal trespass & a few other things, but couldn't get him good, because we had left our gate open, because we were in the same pasture hunting. Lesson learned now every gate gets closed & locked whether we are going in or out.
2nd. Make sure you have no trespass signs on your gate.. we also have signs stating we aren't responsible for any injuries that may happen on our land. As well as our #s on it. The game warden also recommended that we painted our vertical poles going through the gate purple.. this way if the gate is open and they can't see the no trespass signs than they have no excuse cause the purple paint is on there.
Purple paint is a good thing, have several cans to put to good use on my place.
tdwinklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 03:51 PM   #237
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: public & pvt land

since LEO is taking the conservative approach, this is what I would do: Catch that fox red-handed in the chicken coop.

Discreetly set up 2 trail cameras that send live picture images or video to your cell phone. Place one near the front entrance of your property and leave the gate open and set the "trap". Position the other trail cam near your feeder ... place a cheap old climbing tree stand or other hunting items near your feeder where suspect would be tempted to steal it and place in the bed of his truck.

Once you receive picture notification he's on your property, get home ASAP, close the gate, and lock with chain & padlocks. Immediately call the GW or local LEO reporting you heard "shots fired" and you have the suspect locked inside your property. Once realizing he's "locked in", he may get nervous and try to drive through your fence, thus warranting criminal damage to property charges.

Set this dude up like a bowling pin

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 05-16-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Cajun Blake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #238
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Good grief! You guys are completely out of line without knowing all of the facts!

Jason, for Pete's sake, just go over to his house with a dozen or so cupcakes and some punch and tell him you want to meet him and be neighborly. Just tell him you have seen hm on your property and would like to get to know him. No sense in getting all bent out of shape or anything! No are whupping needed here.

Y'all act like he is a serial murderer or something! He is probably somebody's papaw! I'll bet he picks up stray dogs and gives them a good home.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 04:05 PM   #239
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
Good grief! You guys are completely out of line without knowing all of the facts!

Jason, for Pete's sake, just go over to his house with a dozen or so cupcakes and some punch and tell him you want to meet him and be neighborly. Just tell him you have seen hm on your property and would like to get to know him. No sense in getting all bent out of shape or anything! No are whupping needed here.

Y'all act like he is a serial murderer or something! He is probably somebody's papaw! I'll bet he picks up stray dogs and gives them a good home.
Ive been waiting for you to chime in! If I drive by and his gate is open I plan to visit. As far as taking him some cupcakes well they may have some special ingredients!
Old 05-16-2018, 04:05 PM   #240
EastTexasMan
Ten Point

Quote:

Yeah, and while you're at it ask him if there's anything you can go ahead and package up for him and bring to him that he'd like of yours, save him the trouble and all. Then when you bring him his surprise, make sure it's your 55 gallon drum of whoop asssssss. Know what I mean vern?
Old 05-16-2018, 04:47 PM   #241
Muskles
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cherokee Co

Quote:
No are whupping needed here.
I think someone has hacked Burnadell's account! The real Burnadell is always looking for a reason to whoop some arse.
Plus, he misspelled arse!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Muskles; 05-16-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Muskles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 04:53 PM   #242
Ouch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a camo banana hammock.

Quote:

I knew it was you all along.
Ouch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 05:10 PM   #243
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskles View Post
I think someone has hacked Burnadell's account! The real Burnadell is always looking for a reason to whoop some arse.
Plus, he misspelled arse!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
I knew it was you all along.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 05:26 PM   #244
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Open to Offers

Quote:
Being told to hold back! Now that he is identified that is the best position to be in as of now. Sheriff can't do anything unless subject is on the property. As far as Civilian Standby they do not allow it in this jurisdiction. Other suspicious activity is going on as well and tying the 2 together is a possibility. I'm frustrated but not at a level I can't control. Video surveillance is out and always will be. Sounded like they were going to focus on something else nearby over the next week.

I'll just have to see how the cards play out for me to hold back or not.
Quote:
The way I see it, since you've made it pubic knowledge you are probably better off to get the sheriff involved now. Bad thing is, nowadays they don't do much. Once you tell them of your intentions to confront the guy, they will probably tell you not to take matters into your hand and to let them handle it. Then after 6 months of calling the sheriff assigned to the case and getting no satisfaction, you'll just give up. At least that's how they work here in Brazoria county.
I saw that one coming a mile away. Good luck getting them to do anything at all.
Hoggslayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 06:56 AM   #245
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Quote:
I saw that one coming a mile away. Good luck getting them to do anything at all.
Pm sent
Old 05-17-2018, 07:19 AM   #246
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Yep. Poleace dont do squat but ride around , eat donuts and ask to search your truck for no reason.

Identified 2 robbery suspects via fingerprints on a cardboard box this week regards
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 08:27 AM   #247
JeffK
Ten Point

Quote:
I can and I will. Why wait though for the next time. I have a name. He will be getting a visit from me properly without me trespassing. He may just get a phone call!

To top it off the name came from someone here who knows the truck and guy! TBH at it's best!
So do you have his phone number? Why not give him a call...that you saw him leaving your gate and see what he was wanting?
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 08:35 AM   #248
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
So do you have his phone number? Why not give him a call...that you saw him leaving your gate and see what he was wanting?
Actually called yesterday before I spoke with the Sheriff. No answer. It is a landline
Old 05-17-2018, 08:48 AM   #249
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

You could always get a couple buddies and just wake up his driveway to say hi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 08:57 AM   #250
StrayDog
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman County

Quote:
For the record I’ve never been picked up by the alleged trespasser nor have I aided or abetted the alleged with said alleged trespassing.
StrayDog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top