Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-13-2018, 06:56 PM   #1
Horn chaser
Ten Point

Default Question about hearing aids

I have always had bad hearing, but I have never worn hearing aids. Today I went and got my hearing check done and my hearing came back moderate to sever hearing loss. Which is no shock to me. Anyways I gave up turkey hunting because I could never hear the turkeys till it was to late to set up on them. Now I am wondering when I get the hearing aids in will they help me at all in turkey hunting or am I just wishful thinking?
Horn chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2018, 06:58 PM   #2
sideways
Ten Point

Heck yes they will. Today's hearing aids are amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
sideways is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2018, 07:01 PM   #3
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Yes, and you will hear so many other things that you're not accustomed to hearing.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2018, 07:03 PM   #4
sideways
Ten Point

I have a huntin buddy that sells audibel in Lufkin pm if you want his info

sideways is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2018, 07:08 PM   #5
Horn chaser
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideways View Post

Thanks for the offer but I ordered some earlier today. They are suppose to be here Thursday or Friday.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:26 PM   #6
erniej
Six Point

Which brand did you go with and what did they run $$$
erniej is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2018, 07:32 PM   #7
Horn chaser
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by erniej View Post
Which brand did you go with and what did they run $$$
I got the Rexton Inox they are just the basic in canal hearing aids. Both together were $1578.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:48 PM   #8
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

I had forgotten so may sounds I used to hear, till I got my hearing aids. What was funny is, the first time I put them in. I went out side and sat in the back yard. I didn't realize there were so many birds so close. And so many sounds where I live. Then there were two sounds I had trouble identifying. I got one figured out. It was some cicada in some near by trees. The second one really threw me for a loop. I was totally baffled! Then I realized it was my neighbor's air conditioner running.

Ya, they will probably help ya.

I can also now hear deer coming through the woods, rather than waiting for them to already be in bow range when I see them. And yes, you should be able to hear turkeys again. Even some of the people kind.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2018, 07:50 PM   #9
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn chaser View Post
I got the Rexton Inox they are just the basic in canal hearing aids. Both together were $1578.
Are they tuned for your hearing loss?
Old 02-13-2018, 08:06 PM   #10
Horn chaser
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Grown View Post
Are they tuned for your hearing loss?
Yes sir, he said he would be tuning them for me.

Thanks for the feedback everyone I don't really know what to truly expect. The main thing for me is to be able to enjoy conversations with everyone. I am tire of saying what, and asking people to repeat things to me. Which usually means I get a scorned or putout look from people. I will be happy just with hearing everyone better. Now if I can hear turkey and deer coming in while hunting I will be ecstatic. The only turkey I ever shot was one that wondered through during a deer hunt a while back with my bow. To be able to hear and work one in would be amazing to me.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:09 PM   #11
Draco
Pope & Young

I started with the Rexton as well. Didn't have great luck with them. The left one had to be sent back multiple times. The right has never been a problem though. Like Texas Grown said, you will have to learn what every thing sounds like again.

You will be able to even under stand your wife better too. So not all good.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 06:28 AM   #12
Huntindad
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerr county & TP&W

They will feel awkward at first. Give your brain time to adjust. If tuned properly they will be great and it will sound like silence when you take them off at night. I got the size 13. Lot longer battery life.
Huntindad is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 06:31 AM   #13
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kent Co., Stonewall Co., CO, Limpopo RSA

Been wearing them for years until I lost them during deer season. Too many guns and too many commercial fireworks going off close to me without proper protection. First set was $4000 for the pair, going in at 3 this afternoon to see what I need as far as new ones.

They will make a world of difference.
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 06:35 AM   #14
dphillips62
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mission Valley, Victoria, and anywhere else I can sling an arrow

I hate mine except in quiet places even the blinker drives me nuts. Been wearing hearing aids for 6 years now and I still can't get used to them.
dphillips62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 06:41 AM   #15
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri

How do they affect tinidous? Worse than not being able to hear what I want to is the constant ringing that is always there.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 07:29 AM   #16
Stan R
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Madison and Colorado County

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT View Post
How do they affect tinidous? Worse than not being able to hear what I want to is the constant ringing that is always there.

If the hearing aid has the tinnitus feature they can turn on some white noise to help cancel out the other noise.

I tired it and was better having the just the tinnitus. I heard both noise.

It will take you awhile to get used to them. I wear then at work almost 100% of the time... almost never at home
Stan R is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 07:57 AM   #17
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri

That stinks. Guess I'll skip that investment. I can live with diminished hearing. The tinnitus bites.

DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 08:06 AM   #18
dataxman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wheeler, Collingsworth, Coryell, Bosque, and Henderson counties. I'm willing to travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan R View Post
If the hearing aid has the tinnitus feature they can turn on some white noise to help cancel out the other noise.

I tired it and was better having the just the tinnitus. I heard both noise.

It will take you awhile to get used to them. I wear then at work almost 100% of the time... almost never at home
I am 33 years old. I have had high frequency hearing loss and tinnitus for as long as I have known that ringing in your ears is not normal.... Anyway, I have been wearing hearing aids going on 6 years now. I just got a new set of the Widex Beyond Z. They are very comfortable, and I hear my music and phone calls. They also have the tinnitus options.

https://www.widex.com/en-us/hearing-aids

Long story short and to answer the OP's question. Yes, you will hear turkeys and much much more. Also, with today's technology wind noise is not bad either.

Best of luck!
dataxman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 08:40 AM   #19
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

With my Audibel Anthem Platinum+ hearing aids (my third generation of this technology), I have near normal hearing plus with pre-programmed circuits that are controlled with my smart phone, I have an outdoor mode that when activated, I can hear a gnat fart a hunert yards!!
Seriously, when I first got these things I was amazed how many things I hadn't heard in years... I remember getting frustrated with birds and squirrels rustling around in the leaves makin' all kinds of racket making me think a deer was coming... armadillos were the worst... hadn't heard any of that in years... Well all those sounds are BACK!! Funny thing is, they no longer irritate me. I'm just glad to hear 'em... I can now get a morning nap when sitting on stand and wake up when the critters start crunching on the corn... I can tell the difference between deer, javelina, hogs and such just by the sound they make eating corn...

I love turkey hunting, and I hadn't heard a Kee-Kee run in years... I can now hear a putt from a hen when she's still waaay out there!

You'll be amazed IF they are tuned correctly for your hearing needs. Good luck sir!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 08:29 PM   #20
brokeno
Eight Point

Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere

I heard if your were in the military you can get them free.
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 08:44 PM   #21
nacohunter
Four Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches County, Cherokee County, Runnels County, Rusk County

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideways View Post

Isn’t this guy is it?

http://m.ktre.com/ktre/pm_/contentde...id=od:vIgedVmk

Last edited by nacohunter; 02-14-2018 at 08:48 PM.
nacohunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 08:59 PM   #22
huntingarcher
Four Point

Hunt In: Kimble Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeno View Post
This is true,my dad just picked his up a couple weeks ago from the VA.He has bought the cheaper ones himself for years.He told me these new ones where the best ones he ever had.

He drove a jeep with a 105 recoilless gun on it,he said the just put their fingers in their ears or wadded up toilet paper.That was in 61-63 said it was really cool till your hears started to bleed.
huntingarcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 09:34 PM   #23
splitbeam145
Ten Point

What? Did you say something?
splitbeam145 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 11:51 PM   #24
Draco
Pope & Young

While I really like being able to hear again, does any one think they are a money grabbing scam? I recently bought an all in one computer with wireless mouse and key board and a printer for under $900. One hearing aid costs over a grand. I don't get it.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2018, 02:21 AM   #25
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

I just got fitted this afternoon for "in the canal" hearing aids to see if I liked them. Reception was crystal clear and you wear them for 6 to 8 weeks then they are replaced with new ones. No batteries. Problem is, they are $3800 per year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had them put in around 4:30 and had to take them out around midnight as my right ear started hurting and when I pulled them out, the right had blood one it and my ear still hurts! Going back tomorrow for the normal ones I had before!
Old 02-15-2018, 08:45 AM   #26
Horn chaser
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeno View Post
That's true veterans can get them free through the VA, but as for me I was born with bad hearing. With my hearing I never would have passed the physical to join the military and I would have joined. My dad was the same way he wanted to join but was denied because of his hearing too. Bad hearing is very common on my dads side of the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
While I really like being able to hear again, does any one think they are a money grabbing scam? I recently bought an all in one computer with wireless mouse and key board and a printer for under $900. One hearing aid costs over a grand. I don't get it.
That's part of the reason I never have had hearing aids. I could never afford them. I never qualified when I was in school to receive hearing aids and my parents couldn't afford them. All I got was classes in speech therapy to supposedly help with my speech. What would have helped is being able to hear how the words actually sound vs speech therapy. The set oh hearing aids my dad got last year for himself was $4500. The $1500 is a lot for me to spend. I couldn't begin to think of paying $4500 for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslinger View Post
I just got fitted this afternoon for "in the canal" hearing aids to see if I liked them. Reception was crystal clear and you wear them for 6 to 8 weeks then they are replaced with new ones. No batteries. Problem is, they are $3800 per year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had them put in around 4:30 and had to take them out around midnight as my right ear started hurting and when I pulled them out, the right had blood one it and my ear still hurts! Going back tomorrow for the normal ones I had before!
Ouch, hope it didn't cause any additional damage for you.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:16 AM   #27
mole
Four Point

Best decision I (my wife) has ever made for me. I began to lose my hearing about 15 years ago and I have been fighting it ever since.

My wife decided that I needed to have a professional hearing test. It showed what we knew all along, I can't hear!!!

We went with a local audiologist (Oticon) and he worked with me for 2 months, giving me loaners to try, never pushing.

In the end the price scared me, but my wife reminded me that with the aids I can hear her, the kids, and all of the other stuff I was constantly missing.

$5,000 is a lot, but being able to hear everything is well worth it.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2018, 09:33 AM   #28
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Best decision I (my wife) has ever made for me. I began to lose my hearing about 15 years ago and I have been fighting it ever since.

My wife decided that I needed to have a professional hearing test. It showed what we knew all along, I can't hear!!!

We went with a local audiologist (Oticon) and he worked with me for 2 months, giving me loaners to try, never pushing.

In the end the price scared me, but my wife reminded me that with the aids I can hear her, the kids, and all of the other stuff I was constantly missing.

$5,000 is a lot, but being able to hear everything is well worth it.
Bro, be sure and get "The Wife Mode" programmed into 'em!! I just push one little button on my phone... silent bliss!!
Old 02-15-2018, 07:30 PM   #29
stevieray54
Ten Point

Hunt In: Alvin/Danbury Brazoria Co.

If your a NRA member you can get a discount, mine was 750.00
stevieray54 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2018, 07:50 PM   #30
pilar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by dphillips62 View Post
I hate mine except in quiet places even the blinker drives me nuts. Been wearing hearing aids for 6 years now and I still can't get used to them.
Me to I kept taking mine out and also blowing off getting tuned
I guess I should try them again
pilar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-26-2018, 05:40 PM   #31
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

After the problem with in the ear no see um hearing aids that would cost about5 times what I pay for a deer lease per year, I went with Resound aids in both ears. UNBELIEVABLE, clear and you can sync them with your I phone, tablet or whatever. It gets some getting use to with your phone ringing in your ear and not having to hold the phone to your ear to hear, but so far they are nice. the app on an I Phone lets you do many thing with the aids. Even have a GPS locater if you happen to misplace them like I did the last $4000 hearing aids I bought. these were $6000 but free batteries and such for a while.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:28 PM   #32
Horn chaser
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslinger View Post
After the problem with in the ear no see um hearing aids that would cost about5 times what I pay for a deer lease per year, I went with Resound aids in both ears. UNBELIEVABLE, clear and you can sync them with your I phone, tablet or whatever. It gets some getting use to with your phone ringing in your ear and not having to hold the phone to your ear to hear, but so far they are nice. the app on an I Phone lets you do many thing with the aids. Even have a GPS locater if you happen to misplace them like I did the last $4000 hearing aids I bought. these were $6000 but free batteries and such for a while.

Those sound great but I could never afford a set like those. Mine were expensive enough on my Walmart paycheck. Mine are suppose to be here tomorrow. I do plan on setting some money back in a savings plan so I can upgrade to a better set down the road. Heck maybe I will get the confidence to apply for better jobs with these hearing aids so I can get them sooner. lol Anyways congrats on your new hearing aids and they sound really good.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:06 PM   #33
Horn chaser
Ten Point

Thought I was going to get my hearing aids today. They came in but were not the right hearing aids. They sent a cheaper version that was a Costco model and not mine. So they are suppose to be overnighting the correct ones now. Hopefully I will have the right ones here Friday before I head down to Dallas for the Blake Shelton concert.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:06 PM   #34
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Hope-n the best for ya.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:08 PM   #35
Horn chaser
Ten Point

Just got my hearing aids a couple hours ago. I am starting to adjust to them pretty good, but dang I can't put into words what I have been missing my whole life and never knew it really. Going to the Blake Shelton and Trace Adkins concert tonight then I am going out to Hagerman to walk and hear all the nature sounds I have been missing out on. I truly can't put into words how it feels right now.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:32 PM   #36
686PPP
Six Point

Horn chaser keep us up on how you like them. I couldn't spend 4000 + that was a few years ago maybe technology is better and cheaper.
686PPP is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 03:44 PM   #37
Horn chaser
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 686PPP View Post
Horn chaser keep us up on how you like them. I couldn't spend 4000 + that was a few years ago maybe technology is better and cheaper.
Will do.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:57 PM   #38
MagicBlade
Eight Point

Hunt In: Archer County Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT View Post
That stinks. Guess I'll skip that investment. I can live with diminished hearing. The tinnitus bites.

I agree tinnitus sucks! My buddy got hearing aids and couldn't stand to where them when they went out to eat. Could hear everyone's conversation!
MagicBlade is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2018, 04:43 PM   #39
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

My hearing aids have a phone app that also has a setting you can put them on for Noisy places like restaurants. When you have a hearing loss of 60% and it is in children's voices, whisper voices and women's voices and you work in an elementary school with children and women, it is sort of imperative that you can hear. Yes I hated loosing a $4000 pair and spending $6000 for these, but it was something I really could not avoid!
Old 03-02-2018, 04:44 PM   #40
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Quote:
Just got my hearing aids a couple hours ago. I am starting to adjust to them pretty good, but dang I can't put into words what I have been missing my whole life and never knew it really. Going to the Blake Shelton and Trace Adkins concert tonight then I am going out to Hagerman to walk and hear all the nature sounds I have been missing out on. I truly can't put into words how it feels right now.
Not sure if you know it, but there is a hog hunt going on out there right now. Not sure if anyone else is allowed on the units. You might check and see so ya don't get in trouble.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:22 AM   #41
Horn chaser
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Grown View Post
Not sure if you know it, but there is a hog hunt going on out there right now. Not sure if anyone else is allowed on the units. You might check and see so ya don't get in trouble.
Yeah I remembered it after I typed that out. I will go to one of my other places I like to wonder around.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:26 AM   #42
ON THE EDGE
Ten Point

Hunt In: Banquete, Colorado

Quote:
I have always had bad hearing, but I have never worn hearing aids. Today I went and got my hearing check done and my hearing came back moderate to sever hearing loss. Which is no shock to me. Anyways I gave up turkey hunting because I could never hear the turkeys till it was to late to set up on them. Now I am wondering when I get the hearing aids in will they help me at all in turkey hunting or am I just wishful thinking?
My wife is young (33) and just got some. I am gonna say that it brings a tear to my eye to see her now. Itís like the hearing loss took so much and now weíre living again! She can hear everything! Itís actually an adjustment because she hasnít heard any background noise in years. I imagine youíll hear the turkeys.
ON THE EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #43
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Man, that's GREAT news (sorry for shouting... hope I didn't hurt your ears! )
When I used to bow hunt, I'd get so aggravated when all the little birds would rustle around in the leaves... I'd get all tensed up thinking something was getting close and might get a shot only to discover it was just a squirrel or worse yet a 'diller! As I got older and my hearing faded, that stuff didn't bother me any longer... then I got me some hearing aids... I can hear all the sounds in the woods again, but I'm thrilled, not aggravated that I hear those sounds!

Praise the Lord for your hearing! Enjoy!
Old 03-03-2018, 12:15 PM   #44
Horn chaser
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON THE EDGE View Post
My wife is young (33) and just got some. I am gonna say that it brings a tear to my eye to see her now. Itís like the hearing loss took so much and now weíre living again! She can hear everything! Itís actually an adjustment because she hasnít heard any background noise in years. I imagine youíll hear the turkeys.
I can understand that whole heartedly. I use to go out with friends and do things all the time, but in recent years I have just elected to stay home and not go out as conversation were hard for me as I just usually nodded in agreement. In a way I have been feeling lost and in the way for not being able to hear. So I am hoping this will be a new beginning to enjoying life more. My life now revolves around going to work, making a few traditional bows, and helping my folks as my mom suffers from dementia now. Like you said about you and your wife I want to be living again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Man, that's GREAT news (sorry for shouting... hope I didn't hurt your ears! )
When I used to bow hunt, I'd get so aggravated when all the little birds would rustle around in the leaves... I'd get all tensed up thinking something was getting close and might get a shot only to discover it was just a squirrel or worse yet a 'diller! As I got older and my hearing faded, that stuff didn't bother me any longer... then I got me some hearing aids... I can hear all the sounds in the woods again, but I'm thrilled, not aggravated that I hear those sounds!

Praise the Lord for your hearing! Enjoy!
Thank you Sir, I am actually looking forward to hearing the squirrels and birds. At my feeder behind my house I usually have 10 or more squirrels plus Cardinals and Crows show up all the time. I do get the feeling the crows are going to be really annoying with the new ears. The squirrels are usually my entertainment while in the woods as we don't have a large deer population here at my house like in parts of Texas. So I might go several hunts and not even see a deer at all.

Thanks again everyone for the advice and I am enjoying the hearing aids. There are a few annoying things about them sound wise but it is little stuff that everyone has mentioned but doesn't bother me that bad. In about a couple weeks I will take them in and have my audiologist adjust them as he has them set for a first time user of hearing aids. So I am not getting the full benefits of the hearing aids yet. I am in the start of getting use to them so I can have them operating at full power for me shortly.
I did learn last night the aids are to much for a concert. I was able to hear tones in the music that I couldn't without just the volume was to much to handle even with turning them all the way down.
Now I am about to go take me a hike and checkout the nature sounds I have been missing out on.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #45
Winman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Zapata,San Ignacio,Texas

Quote:
Be sure and get the type that has remote controllable volume. That way you can adjust the volume to maintain your status as an attentive husband. ( turn it down or off)
Winman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-03-2018, 12:50 PM   #46
Horn chaser
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Be sure and get the type that has remote controllable volume. That way you can adjust the volume to maintain your status as an attentive husband. ( turn it down or off)
Mine use my smart phone to adjust volume and the different sound programs stored in them, but I don't have to worry about my status as an attentive husband. Never married and nowhere remotely close to being.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:28 PM   #47
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Quote:
Mine use my smart phone to adjust volume and the different sound programs stored in them, but I don't have to worry about my status as an attentive husband. Never married and nowhere remotely close to being.
I'm in the same boat. And since there is no one else here that I have to listen to, I forget to put mine in all the time, till I get to where I'm going. Then I remember I left them at home.

I do remember to put them in my hunting pack most of the time. It's just plain awesome to hear stuff again.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:19 AM   #48
LWC
Ten Point

Horn Chaser, did you get to hear any turkeys gobble this year? Seems like I need to look into some hearing aids. I went turkey hunting with two differert guys this year and both heard many gobbles that I couldn't hear. One wore hearing aids and he said it made a big difference for him. By the time I heard the turkeys gobble, you better be ready to shoot because he wasn't far away. I've got a good archery elk hunt planned for September and I don't want to miss hearing any bugles. Guess I had better get started
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #49
Bisch
Pope & Young

Default Question about hearing aids

My hearing is so bad, I canít hear the turkeys gobble with my hearing aids in. I am on my 3rd pair, and it was $7200!!!

I hate them because a lot of things donít sound ďright ď. Itís not the hearing aids, itís how bad my hearing is that is the problem! Anyway, Iím so bad that I canít hardly function in a situation where I have to talk to other people without them, so I just deal with it!

And, even though I canít hear the turkeys until they are right on top of me, and canít run and gun after them anymore, I can still get it done by being patient and still.

This was last week:

Bisch

Bisch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 08:28 PM   #50
MisterB
Six Point

I paid 6000 for mine. They are good and I can hear, but if my wife hadn't insisted I likely wouldn't have gotten them. They fit behind my ear and have a computer inside that adjust for loud roaring noises like machines or bathroom vents. After a few seconds the fans get quieter. Kind of neat. Had mine programmed so I can adjust the volume. My wife gets to talking too much, i just turn her off.. LOL When I hunt I turn them up full volume. I can hear deer crunching corn now and turkeys off in the distance.
MisterB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top