Taxidermy is ready!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxidermy is ready!

We were fortunate enough to hunt with Bennie and his family at Lategan Safaris this past July 2017. We hunted 3 different areas near the border of Free State and Lesotho…including the Lategan home place. Bennie is a fantastic outfitter and his prices are very reasonable.

We had the taxidermy done in South Africa and I just received word that our trophies are ready. They’re now in the hands of Speedbird Logistics and the big crate will soon be crossing the pond. I’m as excited as a kid at Christmas.

My youngest son and I each took 4 animals. And since our “Smithsonian Starter-Kit” in beautiful Katy, TX is running out of wall space, we decided to shoulder mount only 2 of the 8…the Gemsbuck and Lechwe.

We’re having skull mounts done on the Kudu, Blesbuck, Cape Buffalo, Spring Buck, and Black Wildebeest. And we're having the Zebra hide tanned.

I've included photos from our hunt and will update once the taxidermy clears customs in Houston, TX.

I'm so thankful the good Lord makes these things possible. God is good!
    Attached Files

Nice!!

Comment

Do you need another son?

Comment

Originally posted by Thayden2 View Post
        Do you need another son?
        this-

man to say im jealous is an understatement. One day Africa is on my list. Good job!

Comment

Do you need another son?
          congrats to the hunters

Comment

some awesome animals!

Comment

Do you need another son?
              Sure...whats one more...wait a sec...can I claim you on my taxes?

Comment

Just skull mounts???

Nice animals. Great Buff.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                  Sure...whats one more...wait a sec...can I claim you on my taxes?
                  You d*mn straight you can claim me! Hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                    Just skull mounts???

Nice animals. Great Buff.
                    Thanks...We shoulder mounted the Gemsbuck and Lechwe, but yes...skulls on the others. The Supreme High Commander requires all dead animals remain in the man cave...and we're kinda running out of wall space.

And we don't need a bigger house...that's the other thread on here.

Comment

I just received an email from the logistics company...our crate of trophies cleared customs in Houston.

I'm heading up to IAH to pick it before the rain moves in. I'll post pics once we bust it open.

Comment

Cool! great hunt succes..Let's see em!

Comment

Just in time for Father's Day...kinda like Christmas in June.

Work was done in South Africa by Taxidermy Africa and we are very pleased with the quality.

Zebra hide was backed with felt and attached to the roof of the crate. We had the Cape Buffalo hide tanned...half in black and half dark brown. The plan is to have some holsters, gun slings, belts, etc. made for friends and family.

Even the Supreme High Commander was impressed and she shocked all of us when she wanted to hang the Gemsbok above the fireplace. All other dead animals are sequestered to the man-cave.

I'm very happy with the Lechwe, which you can see in the crate. But I forgot to snap a pic hanging on the wall.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Wow. Congrats on some awesome trophies

Comment

Working...
                              X