Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old 04-26-2018, 09:03 AM   #1
1shot
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill
Default Bravo Concealment

I'm looking for a new Appendix carry holster. Does anyone have one of these?

I have a white hat holster but I can't wear it in the front I can only where it at 4:30, and my shirt always pulls up and gets stuck on the grip. I'm looking to see if there is a more comfortable way to carry in appendix.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 09:15 AM   #2
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County

Honestly If I were to carry, which I don’t. In fact I don’t own any guns. But if I did appendix would be in a Galco stow and go soft leather holster.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 09:21 AM   #3
whitetailtrail
Ten Point

Hunt In: North Texas

whitetailtrail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #4
blaqkpanda
Four Point

I appendix carry a Glock 26. I run a Galco Triton with Raven Concealment soft loops. I like their loops because they have the snaps from a police buckle. They only release when you pull them down from the top. You can tug the loop all you want and it won't come free.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/trit..._8_7_1318.html

http://rcsgear.com/inside-the-waistband-soft-loops/
blaqkpanda is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 09:27 AM   #5
duckmanep
Ten Point

what weapon you carrying? I only ask because there may be guys here that have drawers full of old holsters they don't use anymore that might be able to let you try something out before buying.
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 09:32 AM   #6
1shot
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanep View Post
what weapon you carrying? I only ask because there may be guys here that have drawers full of old holsters they don't use anymore that might be able to let you try something out before buying.
Glock 17 and a M&P shield
Old 04-26-2018, 09:45 AM   #7
mechhead
Eight Point

https://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mechhead is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #8
TexasBob
Ten Point

Interested as well. I think I miss a trick to appendix carry- gun digs into my leg when sitting even if a small 38 revolver. Seems a great location for the reasons op mentioned and in a car I would like to figure it out

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #9
J-Carp
Ten Point

Check out GCode
J-Carp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 06:04 PM   #10
DaveC
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Menard & Montgomery County

I have a Bravo Concealment IWB and an Alien Gear IWB for my M&P compact.
I dislike them both but have come to the conclusion- out of those two - nothing is going to feel like it's not there- which is what I guess I'm after.

Prior to either of those I only front pocket carried an LCP so trying to conceal anything else leaves me missing not feeling the guns presence.

So while they are my only two I am currently using the Bravo Concealment at about 3 o'clock.
I'm starting to get more used to it, but am ready to go back to a thinner pistol when possible.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 06:18 PM   #11
1shot
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
I dislike them both but have come to the conclusion- out of those two - nothing is going to feel like it's not there- which is what I guess I'm after.

Prior to either of those I only front pocket carried an LCP so trying to conceal anything else leaves me missing not feeling the guns presence.

So while they are my only two I am currently using the Bravo Concealment at about 3 o'clock.
I'm starting to get more used to it, but am ready to go back to a thinner pistol when possible.
What do you not like about the Alien gear. I've been looking at that one too.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:35 PM   #12
DaveC
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Menard & Montgomery County

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot View Post
What do you not like about the Alien gear. I've been looking at that one too.

Itís padded, which is nice- but it lacks in the minimal department- which is where the Bravo excels in comparison.

Keep in mind Iím 5í9Ē (in my prime) and 175#, so trying to conceal hasnít been easy so far.
I fit good in a menís medium shirt- tucked in with no dun-flop, and have moved to a Large button up untucked to conceal the pistol and double mag pouch on my other hip (when carrying as a volunteer concealed security team member at church) so now I look like I borrowed some clothes from my big brother trying to hide a double stack pistol.
I also purchased pants 2Ē larger in the waist to help accommodate the IWB approach.

To be truthful I never really gave the alien gear a fair shot. Maybe I need to revisit that.

Last edited by DaveC; 04-26-2018 at 07:48 PM.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 08:00 PM   #13
Hooverfb
Eight Point

Quote:
Itís padded, which is nice- but it lacks in the minimal department- which is where the Bravo excels in comparison.

Keep in mind Iím 5í9Ē (in my prime) and 175#, so trying to conceal hasnít been easy so far.
I fit good in a menís medium shirt- tucked in with no dun-flop, and have moved to a Large button up untucked to conceal the pistol and double mag pouch on my other hip (when carrying as a volunteer concealed security team member at church) so now I look like I borrowed some clothes from my big brother trying to hide a double stack pistol.
I also purchased pants 2Ē larger in the waist to help accommodate the IWB approach.

To be truthful I never really gave the alien gear a fair shot. Maybe I need to revisit that.

I use an alien gear for my ruger sr9c and it took me a while to like it, and playing with angles. Hated it for a while, until I found the perfect cant. Sometimes carry the full 17 rd mag loaded instead of the 10. Just blouse the shirt a bit when tucked, and drawany loose material to the sides. Thenonky holster anyone's noticed was my white hat holster just because the leather creaked and those giant clips stuck out.
Hooverfb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2018, 10:06 AM   #14
1shot
Ten Point

Well I was about to order and alien gear for the gen 5 glock 17 but they don't make one yet so it looks like bravo concealment it is.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:16 AM   #15
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:

Although I have some IWB that are "comfortable" (tolerable) and didn't bother me, I switched to carrying OWB about 2 months ago and wish I would have done it sooner. You definitely know you are carrying a gun, but it is in no way uncomfortable.

Edit: OP check out JM Kydex. He has some quick ship stuff and the quality is excellent.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2018, 10:58 PM   #16
savin yours
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lampasas

I canít say about appendix carry(gut), but I have several holsters and my Bravo Concealment it the best! I prefer it over my super tucker any day.

savin yours is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2018, 11:35 AM   #17
tdwinklr
Six Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaqkpanda View Post
I appendix carry a Glock 26. I run a Galco Triton with Raven Concealment soft loops. I like their loops because they have the snaps from a police buckle. They only release when you pull them down from the top. You can tug the loop all you want and it won't come free.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/trit..._8_7_1318.html

http://rcsgear.com/inside-the-waistband-soft-loops/

and very affordable!
tdwinklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2018, 04:08 PM   #18
Strummer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: At Gary's place ,and the backyard

I picked up a rawdog holster a few weeks back. So far I like it .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Strummer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 11:43 AM   #19
Jackson357
Ten Point

Hunt In: Palo Pinto,Tx

I carry a G43 & G19 in a Bravo DOS Torsion holster. Wear my G43 everyday. Great holsters. I use to wear a Comp-Tac but tried the Bravo. They have a 30 day trial (no questions asked) lifetime warranty.

Jackson357 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 12:09 PM   #20
RShockley
Four Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

No experience with Bravo Concealment but checkout these 2 from Redline Concealment and Renaissance Firearms. Both are great holsters and great companies. Redline is a firefighter owned company and Renaissance is a Texas based company.

Redline
https://redlineconcealmentholsters.c...4&categoryId=1

Renaissance
http://renaissancefirearms.com/fupa/
RShockley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 12:17 PM   #21
Thayden2
Four Point

I use the Bravo appendix carry and like it (it also doesn't have to be carried appendix style). Switched over to it from a white hat holster as well, and wont go back. I could never get the white hat to quite squeaking and the clips destroyed a few shirts. I've also tried a few different holsters my dad has. The alien gear, ramora, nat2 tactical, a couple other. I still like the bravo the best.
Thayden2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #22
1shot
Ten Point

I got mine last week. I can't seem to find a comfortable position with it, maybe its just my build. I'm probably going to just return it for there OWB holster. After wearing the white hat I'm getting used to it. I just don't like how I have to keep holding my shirts down.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:08 AM   #23
TexasBob
Ten Point

I ordered a premade renaissance holster that he had in stock. good quality for sure, and great customer service. These lead times are ridiculous in my opinion. 6weeks is short, I just don't see how it takes that long to stamp a piece of kydex. If they are selling that many holsters they need to hire some help. Every company seems that way though. guess you don't have to step up if all your competition is slacking too.
TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:22 PM   #24
rosco11
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings

There was a guy on here i bought my appendix carry holsters from, he made them from leather and kydex, they're awesome! I have one for a sheild 9 and another for a glock 19. Bigbite or something like that was his screen name
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot View Post
Glock 17 and a M&P shield
rosco11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top