How to make Axis Hamburger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make Axis Hamburger

Howdy Green Screen!! I shot my first ever Axis this past weekend and can't wait to turn it into some processed table fare. I do all my own processing, but have fell short on making good hamburger meat. I've ground up venison and added brisket and went close to 50/50 and really didn't care for it. Can any of you fellers offer me some advise on how to create a good Axis hamburger meat? Thanks guys and gals!!

-JC

100% axis, grind as needed and put a little bit of bacon ends and pieces when you grind for flavor enhancement.

Comment

I would do 60% axis 40% bacon ends.
      You won't be sorry!

Comment

I always grind axis straight, just my preference never found the need to add anything to it.

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
          100% axis, grind as needed and put a little bit of bacon ends and pieces when you grind for flavor enhancement.
          X2 on bacon ends and pieces if making hamburgers. Straight ground for other dishes - go for good fat content with either fat trimmings from the butcher (ask ahead and they will save them) or mix with ground hamburger meat.

Comment

Grind straight axis and dont add anything. No need to. If you want bacon on your burger cook some with your burgers. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the processor I use in Kerrville, grind my axis with 20% brisket mixed in and its really good.

Comment

10 percent beef tallow added to mine.

Comment

I've been doing one 5 pound pack of bacon ends per deer. Its not an exact measurement because the size of the deer varies but I have done several this way and it works very well in every meal I've used it in. My wife vacuum seals the ground meat in one pound packs and freezes. We haven't bought ground meat in years.

Comment

80/20 Axis to bacon

Just do it

Comment

The meat tastes great by itself. The problem with straight is that the stuff is too dang lean. Years ago my wife made shepherds pie with straight ground and the dish was dry.

Comment

no need to mix anything. It tastes similar to beef already imo

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                          I would do 60% axis 40% bacon ends.
                          You won't be sorry!
                          Then you will have some delicious sausage patty's

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Then you will have some delicious sausage patty's
                            You mean hamburger pattys[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Comment

Someone gave me 2, one and a half pound packs of axis burger that I am afraid will be too dry without mixing it... Haven't cooked it because I don't want to ruin it.

Comment

Working...
                              X