No cold water in new home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No cold water in new home

I’m currently in the process of having our home built. It should be finished within the next month or so. Our faucets and shower heads were finally installed along with the water heater. When I run the water in any of the faucets I get nothing but hot water. Is this something I should worry about or is it common at this stage of the build and an easy fix?

Sounds like a valve is closed to me.

Comment

I’ll look around this evening when I check on the house. Are you referring to a valve in the water heater?

Comment

Have you checked to make sure the cold water valves underneath the sink are turned on? If so, the water main might be turned off and you're only getting water thats stored in the water heater. Are all of the sinks this way? Check the water hose outside to see if it works and let us know
        Last edited by WalkieTalkie; 08-04-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Are the pipes in the foundation or in the attic? If they are in the attic you might need to run the water for a bit before the water that comes out is cool... regardeless, I would make sure the supply lines were not both attached to the water heater side.

Comment

The water outside the house works. The lines are in the attic.

Comment

Hopefully it’s not a big deal. The plumber still has work to do as far as installing a couple more sinks and toilets in the house but I was a little worried after getting nothing but hot water in the showers and facets that I tried today.

Comment

Does the cold side work and the water comes out hot? Or does the cold side not work at all

Comment

Cold side works

Comment

It is hot outside how cold are you expecting it to be and how hot is the water

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by southtx View Post
                      Cold side works
                      Next time you are there run the cold water side and let it run for a while... See if it don't get cool once all the water that sits in the lines up in the hot attic runs out.
                      Last edited by Pedernal; 08-04-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I’ll give that a try next time I’m there

Comment

Is there a tub and shower valve that the plumber has yet to trim out ? If so, valve may not have cartridge in yet and water is mixing at that location.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            Next time you are there run the cold water side and let it run for a while... See if it don't get cool once all, the water that sits in the lines up in the hot attic runs out.
                            This is your problem, which isn’t a problem

Comment

I’ve never owned a house with pipes in the attic until this one I am in now. Cold water in the summer is hot for a bit... seems longer than it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X