San Angelo SP hunt success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Angelo SP hunt success

So I got picked for the doe spike hunt at San Angelo state park these past couple days.
    It was a blind by draw type hunt.
    I had rented a cabin at the park that my wife and two kids were gonna stay at with me.... until my 3 year old son got sick, had to bring to the urgent care, so we cancelled that and got a hotel.... anyway, we had a good time, hunted a blind in an open field and was covered up in bucks both morning and evening hunts. It’s good bc a youth hunt will be here next weekend and some young kids are gonna be happy for sure.

The staff here was great, loved the park, lots of deer and cold *** bawls...

Once you killed something you had to field dress it, call the ranger, and give location then they would pick it up after the morning hunt which was around 10 am. Which was good because you couldn’t drive to the blind, had to park on the HWY and walk in. Mine was about a mile.

They weighed the deer, aged them, and cut out a part of the throat to test for CWD.

After watching bucks in the rut chasing and acting like they do, I popped a spike with the 300 win mag and he never took a step.

I wanna say thanks to San Angelo state park for the opportunity and 79F250 from this site, he has given me some advise and answered any questions since he knows the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like fun.Congrats

Comment

Good job. Glad you had a good time and hope your son is feeling better. Hurts when your kid hurts. Was it strep? Sorry we didn’t get to meet y’all for dinner but your son comes first. What area did you hunt in?

Comment

Great write glad you enjoyed the hunt and got to take some meat home. Safe travels tomorrow and hope your son recovers quickly. Good luck the rest of your season

Comment

Congratulations!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

How old was your spike? Congrats

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun. Congrats on the 11 pt.

Comment

I hunted area 8. 600 acre pasture I believe.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Thanks guys, I think there was a guy there from TBH but didn’t know who it was.

Comment

That's great

Comment

We had a group of 3 at the same hunt and our experience was exactly the same. Plenty of deer, lots of bucks starting to chase and a very friendly and accommodating staff. We had a very enjoyable and successful "meat" hunt.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by jcd49 View Post
                              We had a group of 3 at the same hunt and our experience was exactly the same. Plenty of deer, lots of bucks starting to chase and a very friendly and accommodating staff. We had a very enjoyable and successful "meat" hunt.

So which guys ? I may have talked to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X